Shopping and a surprise call

Cussing that's it. 

I woke up to a phone call. I answered my phone "Hello." My mom answered " Hey sweetie did I wake you up?" I answered " Yeah, but I needed to get up." She said " Okay well I wanted to see how you were doing." I answered " I am good mom." She said " Good, anything new?" I answered " Yeah, I have a boyfriend and someone else who I want you to meet." She said, " That's great sweetie." I said " Yeah." Mom then asked " When can I come and see you?" I answered " Um if you want to in the next three weeks." She said " Okay, well I will let you get ready for the day and head to work." I said " Okay mom, love you." She said " Love you too." I hung up and I went to Jake's room and I woke him up. I said " Come on we got to talk about your school choices and mine and also get you supplies." Jake asked "What about work?" I answered "I called in sick today." He nodded. Jake took a shower while I made breakfast.  

I heard a knock on the door I went over and opened it. Matt was standing there he asked " May I come in?" I answered " Sure."  He came in and said "Smells good." I said " Thanks." Matt pulled me to him and he kissed my cheek. He said " Sorry, I wanted to kiss you for a while." I said "It's fine." He said " I have some good news." I looked at him and asked " What might that be?" He answered " The adoption went through." I smiled and I jumped up and down I said " I am so happy." Matt said " I know right, this is great." Jake came out and he saw me he asked " What happened?" I answered " The adoption went through." I felt tears making coming to my eyes. I felt the tears start to drop down my face, god I felt so happy. Matt looked at me and he wiped my tears he said " I hope these are happy tears." I said " They are." Matt said " You should eat and we should get going." I nodded and wiped away the tears and I sat down and I ate my food. While eating I held Matt's hand and he would rub his thumb on my skin. 

After eating I said to Jake " We will talk when I get back from work." He said " Okay." Me and Matt left as we walked I said " We should have a date." He said " Yeah we should." Matt suggested "How about I make us dinner at my place tomorrow." I answered " Yeah, that would be nice." Me and Matt walked to the spot where Matt meets Foggy and when I saw Foggy, I went to him and I hugged him and I said " Thank you." He said " Welcome." I said " Give Matt the check and I will get you the money." Foggy asked " Are you sure?" I answered " Yeah." I said " We got to go adult." Matt nodded and he kissed my forehead and he walked off with Foggy. And I walked to work the rest of the way to work. When I got there May saw me and she said " Hey Ajali/n." I greeted " Hey May, how have you been?" May replied " I am good." She asked " How are you?" I answered " I am good. Jake's adoption went through." May said " That's great." We walked to my office and I said " I got to start working." May said " Good, I saw something about DareDevil." I said " Good I got to get to work then." I started doing my research on what matt did last night. 

After a few hours, I heard taps on the floor. I heard a voice say this is her office then a knock on the door I said " Come in." I looked up and I saw Matt. I asked " What are you doing here?" Matt replied " I have food for you." I said " Yay." Matt sat down and said " Here." He set down a bag and he said " It's from a Chinese restaurant very good." I nodded and I asked " Why aren't you at work?" Matt answered " Lunch and it wasn't too busy." I nodded and I asked " Do you want to eat with me?" Matt answered " Sure." He sat down and got out his food and we ate. While we ate we talked about what is going to happen with Jake and how I am sending him to school next week.  I had one school that I really liked which was midtown middle school. And midtown wasn't to far from Hell's Kitchen so that was good. After eating Matt said " I should get going." I nodded and I said " You didn't have to do this." Matt said " Well, I feel like I did." I said " Thank you." Matt said " Welcome." He came over to me and kissed my lips. I said " Love you Matty." He said " Love you Y/n/n." He then left and I went back to working. 

After a few more hours I finally found a stopping point and I left work. When I got home after a walk I made me and Jake dinner and I said " Okay we need to talk about schools for you." Jake said "I found a few but I really like midtown middle." I said " Good becuase that was the one that stuck out to me the most and I think that it would be good for you." He said " Wow so when do I get my supplies." I said " After I make dinner and we eat." Jake nodded. We ate then we went to my car and we drove to an office supply store. We walked around and got Jake what he needed for school we then paid and left. We got home and I got dressed for bed and went to sleep.