"He's on the ground quicker than I thought" Hasagawa must have seen Raiden ground from afar as his voice echoed over the intercom, Aki chuckled in response. Raiden was indeed on the ground quicker than any of them had thought, and as Aki walked over he knew the reason why. Raiden was spewing his guts into a nearby bin, looking absolutely awful whilst doing it.

"What's up with you? Don't tell me the yellow foam finally got to you" Aki teased as Raiden heaved again, before the man slumped to the floor.

"Woah, what's the matter?!" Aki was straight over, on the floor with him as Raiden composed himself with a huff. Raiden shook his head and tried to push Aki away, but his strength was depleted.

"What with all the fighting I think this is my body's way of saying I'm overdoing it" Raiden wouldn't let his powers take control of him. This had happened before, it would happen again. The cost of being a lightning user, a constant drain on one's energy. Not that anyone needed to know how much it was really draining him, that and his fate as well as his past would stay with him until the end.

"Is that all?" Aki was smart though, he knew something was up whether Raiden would admit it or not.

"The diseased dragon foam and spinning in circles for an hour on Taranis might have added to it" Raiden lied through his teeth, but luckily it seemed that Aki was starting to buy it.

"You're kidding me! I could definitely do a better job, you're getting too weak" Aki smacked the Rider on the arm, who only started laughing in response.

"Like you could do a better job-" Raiden went to respond, but as a shadow loomed over them he decided to shut up and smile. Hasagawa only shook his head at the pair, before he gave them the mission report.

"Adonis has just confirmed the city is secure. Civilians will be allowed to return within the hour so we need you riders to move out" Hasagawa was firm, and by the activity around them he'd already got team 4 and the majority of team 2 moving. Trucks were leaving the city, helicopters scanning the skies overhead. Eclipse would need to leave ASAP, unless they wanted the press crawling all over them again.

Since Kyoto, Adonis had made it clear they were to work away from the public and the press when possible. He had already made a statement regarding their win in Kyoto, as given to them by Aukai. It had gone down well, but the press had been more persistent than ever following it.

With impending war, public and press safety would be number one priority.

"Exactly Aki, us riders" Raiden looked over suddenly to see both Adonis and Vulcan landing with their dragons, both men dismounting and walking over to the small group.

"Say Aki, have you ever thought of being a Dragon rider?" The question off Vulcan came abruptly, so abruptly that it took Aki a minute to think of an answer.

"It's too late for me now, I've got these lot to inherit after Hasagawa here kicks the bucket" Adonis knew where Raiden got his horrible sense of humor from. Aki had a smile like a child on his face as the words left his mouth, Raiden bursting into a fit of laughter alongside him. Hasagawa, Adonis and Vulcan shared unimpressed looks, before smirks appeared on all of their faces.

"I'm afraid that's not happening" Vulcan answered bluntly, silencing the laughter instantly and giving way to a number of blank stares.

"Excuse me?" Aki asked as if he'd misheard, Hasagawa took one step forward towards Aki with a blank expression on his face.

"You won't inherit team 4 Aki" Hasagawa indeed repeated, Aki looked between his captain and Raiden for any kind of answer. Both gave him none, that's until Hasagawa started smiling and looked towards Adonis.

"That's because you'll be with us" Adonis smiled, looking back to Vulcan who gave a confirmative nod. Raiden started smiling to himself, also realizing what Adonis had done.

He was to make Aki one of their own- a member of Eclipse.

"Adonis..." Adonis hadn't seen Aki cry in a long time, but as the tears silently fell he knew how grateful the man was.

"Get signed up by the end of the day and you'll start training next week, all being well obviously" Adonis patted the deputy captain on the back before he walked away, towards Fury who had been waiting patiently for him.

"It doesn't mean you won't be working under me either. Your training will be the intensive 12 months, you'll have that and work here with team 4 to keep you busy" Hasagawa gave him his second pat on the back, Aki in too much shock to comprehend what was happening.

"Thank you so much guys" Aki finally pieced his words together, but by that point all three riders had mounted their dragons. As Vulcan and Raiden shot into the air, Adonis spoke to Aki one last time over the intercom.

"Welcome to the best part of the DRA, Rider."

.
.
.
.
chapter 23, end.
please feel free to comment, vote & share <3