17

"My name is Aukai Medley, and as you know three days ago I was targeted in an attack in Kyoto."

All of eclipse squeezed around Chester's secretary's television, situated just in the hallway outside his office. Even the secretary herself and the few staff who were working on the floor had joined them, everyone focused solely on what words would pour from Aukai. Many had their fingers crossed. Many had sent silent prayers.

Adonis just hoped that they'd get through the day without any more controversy or disaster.

"The global press think the DRA are planning these attacks so Eclipse has more time in the spotlight after their rank was dropped to 1000th place. I'm here to tell you this is a lie, fake news. Eclipse and the DRA have nothing to do with these attacks, and quite frankly I believe there is enemy intelligence within our DRA company" the audible gasps said enough, and Adonis tried his hardest not to smirk as Aukau carried on.

This was typical Aukai alright.

"I can't believe he just said that on live tv, the public will go crazy!" Raiden whispered audiably, Vulcan just shook his head in response.

"They already are Rai, they don't know what's happening and it's scaring them" Vulcan muttered as Aukai carried on speaking, not much interested in the male but lingering on his words instead.

"I've come on live television today to tell the public us DRA Japan groups are taking care of these threats- and I'm also here to warn my enemies. To the people targeting myself, my group, and Eclipse's leader Adonis Cassidy and his group respectively- this is a warning. One wrong move and we will find you. One wrong look and you'll never be seen again. If you dare to come for us, we'll wipe you off the face of the earth" Adonis could tell, even through a screen, Aukai was being the most terrifying he'd seen him in two years. Adonis knew this had been brewing- three days ago in the hospital he was pissed, but given three days to fester had really taken its toll on Aukai.

"I'd be shitting myself if I was the enemy" Aki grumbled, Raiden started laughing almost nervously as his eyes never left the screen.

"My team have been on the ground all day, and they will find the perpetrators..."

.
.
.
.

Location: Kyoto, Japan.
Time: 01.56pm
Team: C (Cosmos)- group B
Status: In pursuit

"AKIRA!"

Ren Tachibana screamed as he scoped out the enemy from above, him and his dragon flying almost at the minimum restriction flight levels to have a clear shot at the enemy they currently pursued. Kyoto blurred below him, his only sights were on the enemy and the figure speeding through the serenity streets. His dragon swooped elegantly in the air, almost as if she wasn't even moving, just suspended above the skyline. Not that it mattered- Ren couldn't do anything from up in the air, only acting as eyes in the sky for him on the ground

Akira Satō was lost in action, buildings fleeting by as he rode his signature Kawasaki motorbike down the tight streets of Higashiyama, narrowly missing the odd stray civilian who'd appear out of the winding side paths. In front of him- a gang of three males also on motorbikes- all major suspects of the Kyoto incident from three days ago. Akira had been in pursue all of ten minutes, their carefully and strategically designed plan all coming together for this critical moment. The clock ticking and everything quite literally riding on this mission.

After all, Aukai had warned him not to come back empty handed.

"You'll have to visit a temple once you're done here, the locals are going to be cursing us" Ren couldn't believe the police had cooperated with them so easily. Akira, with Aukai's help, had put in a request to close off the surrounding 100 meters of streets surrounding their targets hiding place for an hour whilst they attempted search and arrest. Anything out of this 100 meters would resume as normal.

100 meters was never going to be enough.

"Yeah? I'll have to see if I can make time" Akira gritted his teeth as he made another tight turn onto a subsequently beautiful stretch, this one lined with ancient trees and pretty little storefronts. His motorbike bounced under uneven concrete, the smell of petrol pouring out too concerningly for Akira's liking.

As the two teetered on the border of the 100 meter radius, both males could see the streets starting to show signs of life, something the really didn't need now. Occasional cars passed Akira on the opposite side of the road, specks of vision as he continued to race against the border and time itself.

"I can smell that damn bike from here" Ren tried to make conversation over the intercom, trying to ground Akira who was going dangerously too fast in such a tight space.

Akira was always like this, he'd get too caught in the moment, especially on his motorbike. It was definitely the adrenaline rush that did this to him- all of it going to his head and making his decisions more rash, the thoughts and consideration for himself out the window. Aukai always called him a self sacrificing maniac in these situations, and this side of Akira had only gotten worse over time.

"I think I've got a leak, she's not going to get me much further at this rate" Akira grumbled, another hard right then hard left making his bike scream.

"Call Yoru, get her here now Akira" Ren almost ordered his senior, calming his tone so he didn't sound so demanding. Akira audibly sighed over the intercom, Ren following his moves and making a much calmer left turn through the air.

"She's too far out" Akira had sent his dragon Yoru specifically out of range, the dragon tasked with interception. Akira had a feeling if Aukai was going live today- which he'd only told Akira specifically that he was broadcasting his missing speech today- that the Crusaders would definitely send reinforcements to stop the DRA taking their men. He was probably 90% right, as this was Akira and he was always right.

After all- both knew how enemy minds worked- Akira being an ex-information broker for the Yakuza came with it's own benefits of knowledge.

"We're going to need some help out here Ren, I'm almost out of gas and you're bordering on being shot out the sky" Akira mumbled, bike backfiring on him again and again. Running on empty, running out of time.

"Do you have a new plan?!" Ren screamed, Akira didn't respond.

Akira didn't reveal his plan with words, only actions. Without hesitation Akira gave everything he'd got, racing off with every ounce of fuel he'd got left. The three he pursued had made it out of the border and onto a highway, Akira in close proximity and Ren still tracking from above.

It was too risky for him to intervene, this would all be down to Akira.

Akira Satō however, had done this all before. A former life of a criminal, high speed chases were nothing new and would certainly never age. The curse of a broken down motorbike also a sore subject for Cosmos' second in command, Akira couldn't help but smile to himself as the memories came flooding back.

"STAY BACK REN!" Akira commanded over his intercom, Ren taking no regard and continuing flying forward. After all, Ren had no clue what the vice captain was thinking. What he'd give to spend a moment in his mind, all his knowledge and experience a crucial part of what made him the brilliant vice captain he was today.

And that was also the worrying thing, as what went on his mind would never be known.

"YORU!" To the human ears, no one would have heard Akira scream from the bottom of his lungs. To Yoru, she knew Akira, and whenever he called she would be there for him.

And as the ground split in two and fire erupted from above, Ren swore aloud. Turning himself around, Ren Tachibana flew away with such might before all hell broke loose from the earth and skies itself.

.
.
.
.
chapter 17, end.
please feel free to comment, vote & share <3