23

Vulcan was starting to think they might as well move to Sendai at this point, this the second time in a month they'd been called here on official duty. Yet he also begged to differ, as another wave of diseased dragons came racing his way, he'd decided Tokyo would be much nicer right now.

"HOW MANY OF THESE ARE THERE!" Raiden screamed over his intercom. His teammates had all learnt he was extremely grossed out by the yellow foam that spewed out of the diseased creatures. Nausea waved over him every time he saw it, but Ara couldn't hold back her laughter at his suffering.

"So he's travel sick and hates bodily fluids?! Give me a break" Mitzi was on the verge of crying, Adonis and Vulcan were both smirking as they flew nearer to each other on their dragons. They narrowly avoided a collision while taking out the diseased dragons that were tailing each other.

"Nice one Vulc, not many more to go now I think" Adonis circled around, Fury safely leveling out for his rider to see his surroundings more clearly.

Sendai had been the target of the next attack from the Crusaders- the whole city swallowed by a hoard of diseased dragons. Casualties had already been reported unfortunately, but Eclipse had got to the scene as soon as possible. It had been an easy fight, all the beasts on their last legs, all given as painless deaths as possible.

On the ground, teams 2 and 4 had come to assist, either by means of evacuation from high risk danger zones or treating the injured in makeshift shelters. Any other available soldiers were riding round the city, dealing with any low flying or grounded dragons.

"Doesn't this remind you of old times Raiden? I remember in our training days when you first saw a diseased dragon, you chucked up so much" Aki laughed nostalgically down his intercom, the man on ground patrol as he heard his dragon riding comrade heave yet again.

"Oh shut up Aki, you hate sick as much as I do!" Raiden huffed as Taranis latched onto another dragon, swinging it through the air and into the jaws of Fury who'd followed behind.

"Why are we having this conversation?! Keep your eyes on the skies people" Adonis tutted with a smile, Fury roaring as he dropped through the sky and disposed of the dragon on the floor.

A cleanup team of DRA workers were quick on the body- the dragon loaded into one of many lorries that were roaming the city. All diseased dragons had to be killed and bodies cremated to stop the spread of the disease. All DRA dragons who'd been in contact with other diseased dragons must have had anti infection jabs prior and 24 hours after contact. It was never a pleasant mission when it involved diseased creatures, but for the safety of everyone else it had to be done no matter how grim.

Aki shot down two more dragons as the truck transporting him came into more central Sendai, streets quiet as people sheltered inside or out of range. Raiden was nearby, Aki tracking them all via his specialized tablet that he kept on his person at all times.

"North and south Sendai have been secured, sir!" one of his soldiers shouted over to him as they halted to a stop. A group of soldiers who were waiting around in front of him gave the deputy captain a thumbs up.

"Tell them central is secured, let Adonis know there's only east and west left now-" as Aki went to speak a deafening roar erupted from above. Himself and his team had seconds to look up to see Vulcan and Adonis on their respective dragons flying past at high speed, pursuing some of the last remaining dragons in the city.

"Never mind, it seems they're already securing the area..." Aki's voice trailed off as another dragon came surging towards them. His soldiers had raised their guns until the familiar faces of Raiden and Taranis got close enough to the ground.