20

"I haven't properly introduced myself have I, Mr Cassidy?" Hogan the warrior stared at Adonis, stood up straight with Akira's head still held up in his hand. If Akira woke up he'd definitely be in excruciating pain, and the knife in his other hand didn't find Adonis much comfort.

"You tried to kill me, I don't want your name or signature" Adonis didn't break eye contact, he studied whatever he could of his enemy. The first time he'd encountered him Adonis was delirious, a bullet in his arm and suffering effects of diseased dragons. He knew the man had been unmasked last time, but back then Adonis wasn't in any state to recognise a face. This time was different, his enemy was hiding himself, but what had he got to hide?

"My name is Hogan the Warrior...and I want you, Aukai Medley and your precious groups to crumble under my feet!" Adonis didn't have time to anticipate the attack, but as Hogan's knife came hurling towards him he only had seconds to react. Adonis ducked before he sprinted forward, about to attack but now spying a gun replacing the weapon he'd just thrown.

"Why? What do you have to gain from us going under?!" Adonis yelled, fists rolled into balls and eyes glowing red.

"That's for me to know, and you to find-"

"CUT THE BULLSHIT!" He only usually carried one knife at all times, and luckily he'd remembered to sheath it in his breast pocket. Adonis pulled out the knife, his name engraved on the metal shone up at him as he held it in his stance position. Chester had gifted him and Aukai one of these knives before they both went their separate ways to form Cosmos and Eclipse.

"Why would you come after us?! What have we done to you?!" Adonis couldn't get his head around any of this.

"I'm guessing Akira here has found some interesting material has he not?" Hogan taunted, now taking the safety off the gun in his hand and waving it around too casually for liking.

"What? The fact most of the people linked to the Crusaders are missing in action, presumed dead? Are you trying to scare people? To torture families who've had to live on and accept their children, partners and parents aren't coming home? Have you not thought of any of the consequences?!" Adonis reeled off the facts, he knew the pain this would cause people. He knew from experience- after all, being a captain meant he'd been the one to break the worst news most families would ever hear. That soldiers that fought by his side had fallen. But not just soldiers; sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers.
This was the pain of a captain. Not only his, but also a burden shared by Aukai.

"I want the DRA to suffer like they've caused me to suffer. I've never once been appreciated, that's why you and Aukai are so famous. Everyone dotes on you, everyone's supported you!" Was the truth now finally coming out? Adonis kept grip of his knife as Hogan rambled on, anger visibly rising in the man.

"Like when the accident happened two years ago, I don't see you or Aukai suffering because of it! No, no blame on Adonis Cassidy or Aukai Medley at all!" Adonis didn't know how he knew about the accident, especially as that was kept on a private file. Only he, Chester, Winnie and Vulcan had been present when it happened and only a few of Eclipse and Cosmos knew the truth. But when the words finally sunk in, anger bubbled in Adonis. Why was his past being dragged into this mess?

"Firstly Hogan, if you didn't already read my files, I think I atoned enough for my sins- a bullet to the head was enough wouldn't you think?" Hogan actually looked surprised when Adonis spat back at him, he didn't know whether it was the attitude or the almost-unknown fact Adonis had suffered more than one almost-fatal injury in his lifetime already.

"Adonis, a bullet to the head wouldn't be enough atonement if it killed you." Hogan responded coldly, masking the betraying suprise in his eyes.

"And secondly, if this is a personal vendetta, I don't even know you and quite frankly you don't know me, so how is this my fault? Or Aukai's fault? Or the faults of any of our teammates that you've tried to kill?!" He needed to keep pushing for the truth, he was so close, it was on the tip of Hogan's tongue-

"Adonis... it's simple..." Adonis and Hogan both snapped their attention to Akira, who'd now got an iron grip on Hogan's hand holding his head up. Hogan's face was like thunder, but Akira couldn't help but smirk.

"He...he wants his daddy's approval"

Hogan's eyes widened.

"What" Adonis breathed out, staring at Akira then Hogan.

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" Hogan howled, pulling Akira up further as the vice captain shrieked in agony.

"AKIRA!-" Adonis went to run towards Akira, but Hogan caught his eye and moved the gun directly to his head. Akira continued wailing, blood trickling down his face.

"THIS IS WHAT YOU HAD COMING TO YOU, AKIRA SATŌ!!!-" Hogan was in for the kill, the trigger directly under his finger and ready to fire. Yet his plan failed as a knife came flying directly towards Hogan's face, the man dropping Akira's head and catching the knife directly in his palm. But the knife was only a distraction, as a fist connected with Hogan's face and sent him flying backwards unbalanced.

Akira didn't know how he regained his own strength and balance, but as he attempted to run a little help came to his rescue. A hand grabbed him from behind, twisting him and hauling him over a shoulder. In seconds he was back on the floor, safely wedged between Adonis' and another's towering physiques.

"I think that's enough, don't you?" Akira didn't need to look up to know who was above him, he simply closed his eyes, smiled and took a step back. The heat radiating from the two men on each of his sides confirmed his job was done.

Aukai Medley physically seethed with wrath.

"You pack quite the punch..." Hogan chuckled, hand wiping away blood that slowly seeped from the corner of his mouth.

"Akira get out of here-" Aukai went to check on his vice captain, but as a hand gripped onto his shoulder Aukai knew Akira wouldn't be leaving anytime soon. Both Adonis and Aukai wrapped an arm around Akira's waist, holding the man up as he faced the enemy yet again.

The truth would finally be revealed.

"He wants his dad's approval, don't you? Henry Hogan Sullivan- missing, presumed dead for two and a half years from the DRA AFRICA's reserve force"

Akira contorted the smirk on his face into his the most twisted expression yet. Adonis and Aukai looked at each other then back at their enemy.

Sullivan. Sharing a name with one person in particular- Chester Sullivan.

"Your Chester's missing son..." Aukai and Adonis knew. It was like a missing piece of a puzzle had been uncovered- something so blatantly obvious to them now and the fact unreal.

"I didn't even know Chester had a son, let alone he's been missing!!" Ren suddenly piped up through the earpiece, his voice filled with utter shock at the revelation.

"It was a long time ago, why do you think he dotes on you two so much?" Akira laughed like a maniac as blood spilled from his mouth.

"My father was a fool, he'd got power through me, but he threw me away for you two scumbags" Hogan the Warrior- Henry Hogan Sullivan- his master plan was for simple revenge. He wanted Adonis and Aukai dead because he was never on par with them and he'd never be the strongest. At least that's what they'd presumed- they would need a serious chat with Chester as soon as they'd got out of here alive. 

"I've heard enough" Adonis Cassidy silenced Hogan, for the first time in two years he turned to Aukai.

"Aukai"

"Yes Adonis?"

"We're taking him down- today"

.
.
.
.
chapter 20, end.
please feel free to comment, vote & share <3