4

Kasagawa island was like a painting in the early morning sunrise.

Tokyo as a backdrop, the deep blue ocean surrounding them from all sides, threatening to swallow them up at any given point. Birds singing as planes flew overhead, hundreds of millions of people all co-existing, never knowing everyone's personal story.

Adonis Cassidy rose from his own bed facing the west, his eyes heavy despite locking himself away for the past couple of days. It was exactly two days since he'd arrived back in Tokyo, making it three in total since the incident. Life hadn't changed, not really. The only major difference is their rank was exceptionally lower and that meant extra hard work to catch up again.

This wasn't just a job anymore, it was a race to regain positions.

A phone ringing snapped him out of his trance, grabbing the loud device and answering straight away.

"Tell me what's happening" Vulcan never rang unless it was important, so to see his name pop up so early in the morning was definitely a shock to the system.

"We've got work. Chester's called a meeting in twenty minutes. Hurry up"

And with that the phone went dead.

It had been a couple of days after the fall out and renewal of Eclipse's contract, and by the looks of this now Adonis Cassidy and his team were finally being summoned back to work.

"Remember, don't acknowledge the press on any questions regarding the incident. Don't feed them anything at all. Just do your jobs and keep up appearances whilst pleasing and entertaining the public, okay?" Chester had given the group a rundown of things on multiple occasions since they'd all gathered in his office, mostly so they couldn't compromise their jobs again.

The higher ups were still discussing whether Eclipse should even take the job or not, so for now they were stationed doing nothing. All armed with cups of coffee rather than weapons, keeping them awake whilst they waited yet again. This was becoming a nightmarish reoccurrence.

"Don't keep watching the clock" Vulcan hummed at Ara, who's eyes hadn't left the one hanging above the door since they'd sat down around the table. Vulcan swore they'd never been situated in Chester's office so much in the past week.

"I've got nothing better to do" Ara said under her breath, eyes still never trailing away from the cursed clock. However that all soon changed as the doors flung open, Chester marching in with one arm full of paperwork and a black coffee in his hand. As usual, the man wore an expression of exhaustion and tension.

"Finally!" Raiden exclaimed, pushing his chair back and a smile on his face.

"They've given you the green light, you can head out in an hour" Chester huffed as he sat down, Adonis walked over and helped him shift the mountain of paperwork that now completely overran his desk.

"Good, I'll go get the dragons-" Raiden was hot off the mark, but Chester was faster today.

"However, it's been advised you don't travel across country by dragon. We don't want any more incidents happening. Your train tickets are booked for just over an hour, the dragons will be transported in the meantime." Chester had a look on his face that probably was meant to seem sympathetic, but in reality didn't.

"We're catching trains?!" Raiden almost screamed on the spot, the colour draining from his face. Adonis had to look away to stop himself bursting out in manic laughter.

"Across rural Japan?!" The two girls' eyes lit up like stars, their excitement imminent and smiles plastered on their faces.

"I forgot we're made up for foreigners" Vulcan mumbled with a smile as he took a sip of his black coffee.