18

Ren was relieved he'd taken time to pray before he'd set out that morning.

As the ground split before Akira, he knew all hell was about to break loose and crawl from the earth itself. The youths on their group of bikes in front all turned with horror plastered on faces, Akira looking sinister as he stared at them with golden eyes.

"And I thought we were the ones who caused minimal damage, you maniac Akira!!" Ren was furious, the wind whipping around him, howling in equal frustration as the earth seemed to crawl towards their targets. From the front Yoru's flames blocked their means of escape, the beast glaring at them with glowing purple eyes.

"This is a one time thing Ren!" Akira was soon off his bike, the metal slumping to the floor as it died a death. Screaming filled the air, all civilians who were close by were quickly ushered by the wind out of range. That was Ren's magic after all - he could manipulate wind. Well technically air magic was his speciality but it was all the same. Arguably he was one of the strongest air magic users in the world as it was a dying magic to study for fighting purposes. People focusing on fire, water, and earth as more stable and ideal magic types to use against their enemies- air was something to marvel in its gentleness and elegance when wielded right.

"Please don't kill us sir!! We'll tell you everything you want to hear!!" One of the three wailed as he slumped to the floor, his companions attempting to drag him and their bikes away from Akira who only stalked closer. They knew there was no escape, any attempt futile.

"Well isn't it my lucky day then" Akira stopped meters apart from the group, pulling out a long bladed knife from his belt and slowly spinning it in his left hand. Colour drained from his target's faces, Akira finally having the upper hand on the situation.

"I'll stay close, but make this quick Akira. Team 1 will be here in five max to pick them up" Ren spoke quickly over his earpiece, his comrade circling overhead as Akira knelt down.

"You've got two minutes to tell me who you're working for, what connection you have and why the hell my group and Eclipse are being targeted" as his eyes flickered gold the pressure was on. Once team 1 picked them up they'd likely have no chance to investigate and interrogate until tomorrow at least, time they didn't have to waste waiting around.

"He offered us money, money no one could refuse" The first youth lowered his head, averting Akira's intense stare. Akira turned to the second who was still a groveling mess, then to the third.

"How much?" Akira would only ask once, now sharpening his knife on the asphalt below his feet.

"¥200,000 yen each" under the pressure of Akira's gaze the third youth started talking, but Akira never toned down his intensity. Pushing for answers Akira continued speaking.

"Where's the money coming from?"

"It's probably stolen" the third spoke again, he seemed to be the most cooperative so far.

"What were you asked to do?"

"Plant the bomb in the car, that was all. It was a quick and easy job for us" Akira felt sick. These boys were not much younger than himself, and this was a quick and easy job for them? Even he in his criminal days hadn't proceeded in crimes like this. However on the contrary- he didn't know the circumstances and out of everyone he didn't have the privilege to judge.

"You've worked for these people before-The Crusaders?" Akira needed answers. More answers.

"No, we usually work alone just on the outskirts of the city. We only joined the Crusaders as extra pairs of hands for this job" the third youth pressed on, all their information spilling from his mouth like water from a tap.