2

Initially the damage caused at the raid of Chiba Port was not as bad as officials had expected.

When the dust had settled around twelve hours after DRA Japan's Eclipse team had descended onto a carrier vessel loaded with dangerous criminals, class A drugs and the illegal smuggling of Lotus flower- a famous drug used to enhance a dragon riders power- the vessel was deemed to be dangerous and should have been escorted to port. In the event of the party refusing to retreat, only then could the team sink the vessel. Team E was told the target was asked for compliance, ultimately they ended up blowing the ship up...

"Killing ten men on board, destroying vital evidence and almost destroying two police helicopters who were pursuing the chase, causing dangerous bodily harm!" Paper hit wood as the daily newspaper slammed down on the meeting desk. Chester Sullivan sighed, looking up at the three individuals scattered throughout the overly big meeting room he'd just been promoted to. Their boss pushed his reading glasses back onto his dyed black hair, before he smacked the pages open and scoured the newspaper for the nth time that morning.

"Not to mention that once intelligent man over there decided to try one of the lotus flowers for himself, you absolute pretentious moron!" Chester wasn't one to go about shouting like a madman, usually he was the non-confrontational type. Today however, the tables had turned.

"It's not my fault, if you remember the DRA academies have always advised if you apprehend any lotus flower-" Vulcan spoke, quickly looking side to side for his comrades to help him out.

"Make sure it's the real thing!" The three riders roared in union, faced mixed with fatigue and frustration.

Chester Sullivan wasn't impressed.

Location: DRA headquarters, Seabase in Tokyo Bay
Time: 3:40pm
Team (inquiry meeting): E (Eclipse)
Status: Getting fired

Chester- physically seething at this point- with a mixed huff of disappointment and anger, threw the crumbled up newspaper down onto the mahogany wood. Eclipse crowded round to see the bold headline staring back up to them. They'd only been back from their mission twelve hours, ultimately it had also been the worst twelve hours of their lives. Vulcan, still the temporary leader of his comrades, scanned the headline that stuck out like a sore thumb. Everything felt like a fever dream, but reality had soon come crashing down as the same headline was repeated in words over the radio and on the breaking news.

So it was true after all.

ECLIPSE OVERSHADOWED BY THE SUN!
Top 500 Dragon group demoted due to destruction!

The bold lettering only added more pangs of guilt and shame to their mix of emotions, Chester's pacing only got more erratic. The group as a whole had never seen Chester get angry throughout the short while they'd been employed under him, yet the man stood physically seething before them now.

Eclipse used to rank 500th place worldwide on the official Dragon Rider ranks. As of this morning, they were no longer ranked at all. Positions stripped for now until the government and DRA global made a formal decision. Apparently, the destruction caused at Chiba had drawn the line at the government's patience. Reckless endangerment was not something they wanted to worry about every time the group Eclipse left base, they purely didn't have the time for it or the endless amount of Japanese Yen to repair the constant damage.