Chapter 41 - His First Party - Part 2

Magsimula sa umpisa

Evan raised his own cup to his mouth and drank it completely to rid himself of the sentimentality that filled him.

"I think I speak for everyone when I say that's enough sentiment for today. Let's have some fun," Aiden stated, placing his empty cup on top of the pile of others that were slowly crowding the counter even though it was only the beginning of the night.

"Let me just say I'm a terrible dancer before I embarrass myself in front of you." Kieran did the same and held out his hand to Evan, who immediately accepted it and let himself be dragged onto the dance floor to the girls. When they stopped, they let go but still stayed close to each other.

"We already thought you ditched us," Angie said loudly over the music.

"Never!" Aiden shouted dramatically, causing the group to laugh.

...

Evan already had a few drinks in him and while he didn't feel like the alcohol was clouding his senses, he had to admit it was affecting his mood. He was having fun.

He swayed to the rhythm, tilted his head, and his arm shot into the air several times. He had long since stopped thinking about how he looked and was simply enjoying the night. Kieran was by his side most of the time, but occasionally moved away to talk to the others. Lola was on the other side of the dance floor, dancing with Aaron, who turned out to be a nice guy. Well, at least that was their first impression after he came to introduce himself. Millie and Clara held hands all the time and went everywhere together like twins. It was obvious that Millie was watching out for her, and Clara looked grateful for that. Fortunately, Jacob hadn't appeared yet and everyone hoped it would stay that way.

"E!" Hearing his nickname, Evan turned to Angie. She gestured exaggeratedly to draw his attention to something, and when he finally focused his gaze on where she was pointing, he saw a familiar face. He sobered up completely for a split second.

"You should talk to them," Angie advised, shouting the sentence. At first, Evan didn't understand who she meant by them, but then he noticed the other Saunders. Their eyes instantly met, and he gave him a charming smile that hit Evan in the most sensitive spot.

"E!" The petite brunette shook his shoulder to get his attention. Evan looked at her silently, focusing on her lips to understand what she was saying.

"Go talk to them!" And for some unknown reason, he did.

His legs moved automatically, keeping his eyes on the ink-haired boy in the black shirt. He looked back at him and also stepped forward so that they could meet sooner. Both of them pushed their way through the dancing bodies, still maintaining eye contact. Evan had long since gotten used to their eyes instantly connecting like two magnets in close proximity, but today it was a bit more intense. As if everything around them suddenly ceased to exist or just functioned as a background. His heart was beating louder than the drums in the songs, and despite the multi-coloured lights flashing in all directions, his vision most clearly perceived only one colour - brown.

"Hey," Evan whispered, and despite the loud music, he was sure Ryan heard him.

"Hi." The ink-haired boy gave him another of his dazzling smiles.

People danced around them, and they just stood facing each other, saying nothing. Evan had no idea how long it had been before Ryan reached out to him and nodded his head to the side. He automatically followed him and let himself be dragged to the table in the far corner where Michael sat, who didn't look exactly thrilled to be there.

"You're drunk," he stated as soon as his eyes fell on his cousin's company.

"And you're no fun," Evan responded promptly. Confirming Michael's words, he chuckled at his own sentence.