025

NEW YEAR'S EVE
12.31.2022
jack's point of view

• • •

• • •

i spent the night at stella's, on the couch obviously. i know we're dating by and all but it's still really new and i didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

i left around 10, she was asleep when i left but i did leave her a note. instead of going directly home, i grabbed an extra bottle or two of alcohol for the party.

i do a great job at keeping my house clean, so all i really needed to do was set up the streamers and blow up the balloons.

i've decided on a simple black button up and some black slacks for the party, which is what i usually wear every year.

i should've taken a nap before people started arriving, but time flew by and i didn't get the chance to. hopefully my eyes aren't burning by the end of the night.

"flying solo this year?" i ask noticing dawson showed up alone.

"nah, stella is my date."

"right." i say shutting the door behind him.

"i'm just kidding by the way." he says taking off his coat.

"i know."

"why do you sound so sure?" he says.

"i'm not saying anything, i just know you were joking, that's all." i reply.

"whatever you say, jack." dawson says.

"i don't even know how i'm gonna make it through today, i'm more tired than a freaking sloth." nico says walking through the door with lorena, his girlfriend. they've been dating for about five years, and i can tell they are going to get married sooner or later.

jesper and his guest along with john and his guest arrived next.

"who isn't here yet?" dawson says looking around the room.

"timo, vitek, miles, dougie, ryan, erik, and stella. the rest of the guys had there own plans this year." i say. usually it's a whole team event, but everyone else is doing there own thing.

"hey, guys." i hear stella's heels click as she walks across the floor. she's wearing the most gorgeous black dress i've ever seen. it's silk and has a scooping neck line.