018

I'VE LOVED YOU SINCE....
11.23.2022
jack's point of view

• • •

• • •

"your house is very clean for you to be as busy as you are." stella states sitting down on the floor in front of the couch. i would've liked if she sat on the couch, since there's plenty of room, but she's been doing that since she was little so i didn't say anything about it.

"eh, i like to keep it clean. it keeps my mind clear and not as stressful." i say. "and just in the instance i have company over."

"like all the girls you bring over?"

i know she meant it as a joke, she had to have meant it as a joke but it wasn't funny. i wasn't definitely not funny. i don't bring girls over, and she should know that.

never in a million years did i think i could actually be mad at her, but here we are. that's how she really thinks i spend my spare time? she really thinks that low of me?

"you really think i spend my free time doing that?" i say. i feel anger rising in my chest, but most of all, hurt. i have to try to not let my voice that's slightly raised crack as i speak.

"you really think that low of me? so, what? i just pick girls up of the street and just use them when i'm bored?" i say.

"no, jack. i didn't mean it like that." she says picking her self up off of the floor.

"so what did you mean it like then?" i say. i mask my sadness with anger and my voice rises even more.

"jack, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to offend you by it." she says.

"maybe trevor was right, everyone sees me as some sort of player that goes out with any girl." i say getting up from my couch.

i need to go on a run.

is it raining? yes. do i care? no.

"you don't mean that." she says following me to the door as i quickly put on my shoes.

"what are you doing?" she says putting her shoes on as well. "it's raining."

i open my door, not bothering to close it considering she's right behind me. my light windbreaker does nothing for me as the cold rain hits my body.

"jack, come on!" she yells over the hard pattering of the rain. "i'm sorry, please let's just go back inside."

i keep walking, the rain soaking my hair. i can feel the rain running down the back of my neck.