015

MEMORIES

2012

"give it back, trevor!" 10 year old stella exclaimed at her twin brother, trevor. him and his friend jamie took her diary had have been running around the house so she can't get it back.

"here." trevor says holding out the book, as soon as stella reaches to grab it, trevor yanks it back and keeps running.

once stella gets close enough to trevor to grab it, he tosses it to jamie. the keep tossing it back and forth in between in eachother and it eventually turned into monkey in the middle.

jack walked into the room, trevor and jamie grinned because they could add another person to their festivities.

trevor threw it to jack, but jack just handed it back to stella.

"thanks, j." stella said with big smile. she didn't expect jack to do that since he's best friends with trevor.

"no problem, stel. come to me the next time they start to pick on you, ok?" jack says. stella nods and runs back up to her room.

"you guys should stop picking on her." jack says grabbing a soda out of the fridge.

"but it's fun, bro. it's not even a big deal." trevor says.

"but it hurts her feelings, you guys ganging up on her and stuff." jack says.

"whatever." jamie says rolling his eyes. "why do you care so much."

"yeah, do you like her or something." trevor teases.

"ew! no. i don't." jack says before taking a sip of his soda.

"let's go play mario kart." jamie suggests.

"we should ask stella if she wants to play." jack asks.

"she cries whenever she loses." trevor says.

"she can be on my team. 2 v 2." the green eyed boy suggests.

"fine." trevor says. "stella! come here!" he yells.

"yeah?" stella says once she gets downstairs.

"do you wanna play mario kart with us?" jack asks. "you can be on my team."

"yeah!" stella says. jack hands her a controller and she sits down on the floor in front of the tv.

2015

"what should we bring back for trevor and jamie?" jack asked 13 year old stella.

"i didn't bring enough money." she states.

"eh, i guess we'll only get popsicles then." jack says.

the pair of them walked to a local corner store to get annual fourth of july popsicles. usually the hughes boys would go, but jack asked stella to go with him this year. quinn is in his 20's, so he's hanging out with the adults and luke is 11.

trevor and jamie are at the store with the dads buying last minute fireworks, quinn tagged along too.

the moms are setting up for the barbecue so when dad gets back, he can grill the burgers and hot dogs.

"do you wanna go to the boardwalk for a little bit?" jack suggests.

"but our parents don't know, we should tell them." stella says.

"it'll be fine, stel. just for a little, we're thirteen. it's only gonna be for like ten minutes." he says.

"okay." stella says shrugging her shoulders.

once they get to the boardwalk, it's a little more packed than jack had thought it would be once it was time to leave.

he grabbed her hand and lead her through the crowd of people so that they wouldn't get lost. the rest of the way home, he still held her hand though.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

just a little filler chapter :)