008

DEJA VU
10.24.2022
jack's point of view

• • •

• • •

we've won our past 3 games counting the one against the ducks. hopefully we can keep this streak going against the capitals tonight.

it's here in new jersey, and i am a very firm believer in home field advantage. not in the sense it secures a win, in the sense that you don't have to travel which is a plus.

considering games are every couple of days, sometimes we fly directly to the next game instead of coming back here.

the atmosphere is better too, all fans are there to see your team, not the other team.

and there's no disrespectful and unnecessary signs towards a certain someone.

i got a pimple on the side of my face this morning, which is absolutely wonderful for me!

my helmet will be on for longer than it usually is in other games. i'm twenty one, i shouldn't still be getting pimples like i'm hitting puberty.

-

i got the first goal of the game, and by the end of the first period, it's tied at 1-1. stella had an assist on that goal.

speaking of stella, i can't find her.

for some reason, she's at the other end of the ice. it's just her and the goalie down there for some reason.

i can see a player skating towards her, but he can't really do anything considering she doesn't have the puck.

the puck gets passed to me, and this is the perfect opportunity for me to shoot it in the net, but i freeze when i hear a scream.

stella.

i don't think i've cared less about hockey in my entire life than i do right now.

i drop my stick, not really caring where the puck goes.

stella is in the crowd, holding her left ankle. i don't know what happened, but she must've been hit against the wall.

i'm going to kill him, i swear to god.

i skate faster than andrei svechnikov and connor mcdavid combined to the other end of the ice.

"stella." i say kneeling down next to her. her eyes are fluttering open and closed. the bright lights can't be helping her.