# 15 - Morning Cuddles

**Your POV**

You could feel yourself starting to wake up, <why now? I don't wanna get up...> You thought, as you shifted slightly, it felt so warm and snug. Like you were wrapped in someone's... wait....

Your eyes flicked open, only you couldn't see much. Your face was pressed into his chest, and his arms wrapped tightly around you. Now his body warmth wasn't the only thing heating you, your face went red. <When did this happen?> Last you remembered you both were laying in that beautiful garden. The two of you staring up at all those stars... as you started to drift in your thoughts of last  smoft smile crossed your lips.
Tokoyami giving you his sweater to keep you warm.... being pushed on the swing... the smell of all the flowers around you... his, smell....

Gosh, how did someone smell that - no. Smell this good, you took a deep breath, and all you could smell was the apples and cinnamon with that small hint of pine needles. You could feel your eyes slowly closing again, the feeling and sound of his slow breaths, the calming smell, and the warmth of his hold, kept pulling you closer to sleep again. You could hear faint voices from the kitchen and shuffling, must be his perants.

You felt him shift slightly, and his beak nuzzled the top of your head softly, and he sighed deeply. Sleep took you again as you sunk into his arms.

_________________________________________

**Tokoyami's POV**

All he could think about was those annoying voices that started to wake him up. Voices... why were there voices? He shifted, annoyed, and opened his eyes. It took him a moment to process the fact that he couldn't look at you because he had you pulled to his chest tightly.

His mind raced around, <Did I grab them? Is this uncomfortable for them? Are they OK with this? I didn't exactly ask concent- oh god-> The poor bird boy was panicking.

A shushed voice came from the door, "Sh sh! He's up! Move move!" There was scrambling and giggles.

He very carefully turned his body, taking his one arm off you to hold himself up to who spoke. Both his perants froze and made eye contact.

He opened his beak to demand what they were doing when you shifted closer to him again. Wrapping your arms around his waist and mumbling something incoherent. Tokoyamis heart melted. There was no way he was going to survive this whole crush thing.

Tokoyamis attention was back on his perants when he could hear the coos and the quiet sound of a camera. He decided they would not survive this either, once he figured out how to move without waking you... Dark Shadow was not the right option. She would be both cranky from the early wake-up and way too loud.

All he could think to do was give his perants death glares as they backed out of the room, smiling and giggling about how cute this was. He was never living this down...

_________________________________________

**Your POV**

The final wake up was definitely awkward, you shifted a bit and felt Tokoyami tense. Huh?

You lifted your head, a little confused and drozy. That was definitely the deepest you've ever slept, but now you were almost nose to beak with Tokoyami. That was a quick wake up, you felt your face start to pink, "Uh- m-morning~"

He cleared his throat, clearly nervous, "Yes, morning indeed."

After another awkward moment you realized you practically had him pinned in a hug, and got off. "Ah sorry!"

He set down his phone on the bedside table, he swung his legs off the side of the bed facing away from you. "It's quite alright Y/N." Tokoyami stood and straightedge his shift nervously, "Pardon me," He gave a small head bow, "I must, speak to my perants momentarily."

"Oh, uh ya!"

He left rhe room, leaving you sitting criss cross awkwardly on his bed. Your thoughts drifted and you giggled, if anyone saw this out of context they totally would believe you were dating... oh. SOMEONE WOUKD THINK YOUR DATING HIM.

Was that bad? Not really... you leaned against the wall, pulling your knees to your chest. Tokoyami was a complete gentleman, smart, he would definitely be a powerful hero, and he was ever so sweet~

Your eyes widened, did you like him like that!? You covered your face with your sleeves. Sleeves... of his sweater, you groaned and flopped sideways on the bed. The boy was too perfect.

Your thoughts were instructed by a loud squeal followed by Tokoyami speaking loudly, though you couldn't make out what his was saying. What was going on out there?

Curiosity took over and you headed down the hallway, you peered around the corner to find a disheveled Tokoyami with his face in his mother's hands and his father messing up all his feathers. Both perants with huge smiles on their faces, his dad noticed you first, "Ah! There they are now! Good morning Y/n!"

You stepped out and waved awkwardly, "Morning!"

Chiyo squished tokoyamis face one more time before letting go, "Morning dear! Oh, I hope you don't mind if I call you that! But there's waffles for you both on the table, help yourself!"

<Wow, asked if a nickname was ok was a new one>
"Oh! It's fine, and thank you!" You sat down at the table and started to dish your self.

"Such a sweet kid!" She cooed at you.

Tokoyami sat down on one of the three chairs left with defeat, you giggled at his feathers. "I like the new style."

All you got was a very unimpressed look as he tried to flatten them back to his head.

_________________________________________

**Slight time zoom**

You were headed back to Tokoyamis room to put your uniform back on when Chiyo caught you. "Tell me you won't be putting that uniform back on dear."

"Oh, uh ya I was. It's all I really brought, plus it's technically still school."

"Please! You'll be moving things all day! Your uniform won't due, you'll borrow some old clothes for today!"

"That's really not needed- i can just change when-"

"No more arguments!" And she was pushing you to another room.

Where you were put into several outfits, all which were given a no. Chiyo finally handed you (dark grey shorts or skirt). "Hmm... oh!" She hands you a dickey (a top of a button up shirt to go under other shirts). "And wear that T-shirt Fumikage gave you!"

You looked at her a bit skeptical, "Are you sure?"

"Of course!" She beamed and you felt bad about at least not amusing her with trying it on.

You stepped out awkwardly, unsure of the outfit, but also not hating it. Chiyos eyes lit up, "It's perfect! There you go!"

With a decent bit of pushing from Chiyo, you were back in the hallway. As if timed, Tokoyami stepped out of his room dressed in his own uniform. "OK!" You huffed, you looked at Chiyo, "Not fair! Why does he get to wear the uniform!?" You pointed at him.

"Oh don't worry dear!" She smiled and cupped her hands together infront of her, "He WILL be changing."

"I what?" Tokoyami looked like he had just snapped out of a trance.

Chiyo pushed past you both and into his room, "What do you even have for stuff?"

"What are you doing!?" Tokoyami sounded alarmed.

"Finding you something to wear!" She stood looking at different shirts.

Tokoyami stepped into his room and grabbed a shirt from her, "There is no need for this mother!"

"Awww! See you do have color!" She held up a pink pair of boxes.

"NO!" Tokoyami shouted, and the door was shut in your face.