#5 - A Seed Of Doubt

Once back at the house, you were blasted with questions and theories from your grandma. Luckily, your grandpa calmed her and had her return to food. He stood beside you and quietly spoke, "You wanna talk about it?"

"I'm- not sure." You weren't too shocked by his interest. Those two were very much into gossip and drama. A perfect pair.

"Just let me know, I'd love to hear about this," He made air quotes as he went to join your grandmother. "Boy toy,"

Your face dusted pink at the name. He only smiled and pointed at your face before disappearing.

The rest of your night was pretty peaceful. Eating and avoiding your grandma's questions. Getting ready for bed in your comfy pj's, you stood at the sink brushing your teeth as your thoughts rumbled around your head. They all seemed to surround your encounters with Tokoyami. Someone cleared their voice in the doorway, and you choked on toothpaste.

"You were drooling -" Your grandpa handed you a cloth to wipe your face. "So this kid is stuck in your thoughts, huh?" He smiled as he tried to get you to talk.

You shook your head and smiled, "I don't even know what to think of him, just a weird moment -"

"Ah, so it is a boy."

Oh, of course, that's what he takes out of that, "That's not the point, I barely know his name, so nothing going to happen there." You sighed squeezed past him and had your hand on the door handle to your room.

"Do you want something to happen?" You could see the cheeky grin on his face without even looking.

You paused, "No- I don't know him." You took a second to think about your interaction this evening. "As I said," you slipped into your room, "Just a strange moment." You shut the door.

As you sighed, you plopped into a soft bean bag. You reached for your phone and spent the night scrolling on social media and messaging your new friends. Not once did you mention Tokoyami. You didn't need more people trying to suggest things about the two of you.

_________________________________________

**The next morning**

You slowly sat up from the bean bag, having passed out awkwardly while watching a random YouTube video after all your friends had stopped messaging back. As you stood rubbing your eyes, you felt your stiff muscles shift. Today was going to be interesting.

You waddled out to the bathroom and looked at your disheveled hair, and rubbed your face. You saw your grandma appear with a grin, "Don't even mention a boy -" You spoke before she got a word.

She smiled wider and spoke in a sing-song voice, "I was just going to say that your waffles await you~" She walked down the stairs and away from you.

You sighed. Digging yourself into a deeper hole was not going to help.

You sat at the table and ate up, watching the clock to make sure not to be late. Both your grandparent's wished you well with cheeky smiles on their faces. You rolled your eyes and left the house, just to see Tokoyami walking past on the sidewalk.

OK, this was getting a little repetitive. He had to live nearby, cause even he seemed a little surprised to see you. You waved awkwardly and took down the path. You both walked quietly towards the school.

The silence was broken by Tokoyami spoke,"I wish to apologize properly for Dark Shadows' actions."

"It's fine- really. You didn't have control over that situation."

The both of you managed a small, awkward talk as you reached the school. You both walked to class, just chatting about a book series, and sat down at your desks.

"No, you see, I believe that the author had fully intended for the romance at the beginning." He argued.

You shook your head, "It just didn't seem at all there in the first two books! There was no connection - then everyone started shipping them and bam! It was written in."

"You just have to look between the lines -"

He was interrupted by a blonde, hopping his butt onto your desk, "Hey guys! What are you talking about?"

"A book series!"

Kaminari cut you off this time, "Don't need to even say the title, I can already tell you I haven't read it!"

Tokoyami mumbled quietly, "You probably shouldn't sound so proud about that."

You snorted at his remark, and Kaminari sat there in shock, staring at him. He made a stab motion to his chest, "Ow man -"

The bell stopped the conversation from progressing further.

That day, you were all taken out of the classroom and to a training ground. There, your class met up with All Might, and you all talked excitedly about the number 1 pro hero in front of you.

The instructions for the day were explained, and everyone got paired off into hero and villain teams. You were paired off with Sato, a particularly large boy in your class, and you both were placed on the villain team. You were up again, Mina and Aoyama. It was not a flashy battle, Aoyama was quickly toppled over in pain from his quirk. And with Sato distracting Mina, you made it to the weapon.

Sato gave you a careful high five in celebration. Your simple fight had been nothing on the fight between Bakugo and Izuku. Now, those were some powerful kids. You didn't feel as good about your quirk after that. You looked at those powerful and easily useful quirks and then looked at your own. The power to have animals on your side didn't seem so cool.

You moped around the rest of the day, and Sero nudged you during lunch as you poked at your jello mindlessly. You snapped out of your zone out and looked up to see most of the table's eyes on you, "Uh- just lost in thought, that's all!"

"Well~" Mina urged on, "What about? That poor jello is being stabbed to death."

"Maybe it deserves it." You locked eyes with her, and you slowly pressed your spoon into the jello again and took a slow bite.

You all except Bakugo broke out cackling, he sat there with his normal scowl. All of you were out of breath, and you felt so much better after a good laugh.

The bell rang soon after, and the Kirishima took you and Mina's trays, insisting it was the manly thing to do. You both shrugged and let him.

On the way to the class again, Mina spoke up, "Sooooo~ wanna talk about what was bugging you back there?"

"Ah- not letting that go?"

"I'll admit the jello thing - great distraction. But now, it's just us - so spit it out." She stared at you with a slight pout waiting for you to talk.

You sighed, "I just don't feel all that great about my quirk..." You ran your fingers through your hair as the two of you walked slowly, "After seeing all the awesome quirks in our class... I kind of wonder why I was put here. I mean- you saw Bakugo and Izukus fight... not to mention all of the other super powerful quirks like Tokoyami, Kirishima, Iida, Todoroki-"

She stopped, "What do you mean? You passed the tests to get in... unless!" She gasped dramatically, "You cheated you way in!"

You laughed at her joking accusation, "No, no! I just accidentally got in. I saved some people without even noticing during the exam, and that let me pass."

"Oh-" She didn't seem to know what to say about that for a little while, "Look," She rested her hand on your shoulder, "A lot of kids in our class have some pretty flashy quirks, but you still saved those people. Accidentally or not, you were there, and you did something." You were caught off guard by how serious she got.

You then were caught of guard by assult. An arm wrapped around your shoulders roughly. "Wow, you guys are slow at walking!" Kirishima beamed over you.

"Seriously! We even got stuck in the cafeteria, and we still caught up!" Kaminari chimed in.

You looked at Mina as she smiled at the boys. "Ya ya! let's go! Bakugo is already leaving  us in his dust!"

You all hurried up to the blonde, "LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE YOU CLINGY BASTARDS!"

You all laughed at his angry comments as you entered the classroom.