𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 ➯ 𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙢𝙚

❝hate to admit, but
i think you knew❞
➯ hate to be lame, lizzy mcalpine
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(a/n: 2300+ words oop)

MALLORY beamed at the decorations around her and Chris' living room, pictures of her album everywhere she looked. In exactly two hours, her album would be available everywhere. People slowly started filing into their house, the girl squealing as her best friends rushed in to give her a hug.

As she was pulled into a bone-crushing hug, Mallory gushed, "Valerie! I thought you couldn't get in until tomorrow?"

"Rashy helped me," Her friend replied, pulling back to look at the girl. "I wanted to surprise you."

She rolled her eyes, turning to hug Marcus and Jesse. Jesse glanced around the room, rubbing his hands together as his voice dropped slightly, "So... Is he here?"

"Who?"

"You know... him."

"The boogeyman, I- What, Jess, use your words."

"Is Mason here?!"

Mallory's eyes widened, her mouth forming an 'o' shape, finally making the connection. Marcus rolled his eyes, running his hand over his face to hide his laugh. "You're actually an idiot. I'm gonna go find John and Jadon."

"So..." Valerie began, searching the room with her eyes. "Is he here?"

"Not yet," Mallory answered, trying not to seem too disappointed. "He said he'd come, but he did also think it was weird, so I'm not sure if he's coming."

"He totally is!" Jesse rebutted.

"Jesse has not stopped talking about this since you told us you went to his birthday."

"Because they're in love!"

Mallory rolled her eyes, shooing the two away from her as her brother came over. The boy grinned at his sister, the two doing their handshake as they greeted one another. "Are you ready?"

"For the whole world to know all of the ins and outs of my last relationship? Totally."

The boy rolled his eyes, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. Mallory relaxed slightly, leaning her head on his shoulder as she bit her lip. The brunette felt heavy, trying to mask the nerves that she was feeling with her excitement, but she knew what releasing the album meant. It meant that everyone that had been speculating about her relationship with Mason would finally know the stories of the end.

It made her vulnerable.

Christian squeezed her shoulders, watching as the girl took a deep breath before picking at her fingernails. "I just hope that everyone likes it."

"They will."

"And I hope that you're prepared to cry tonight, I'm finally playing Camden for you."

Her brother beamed at her, shaking her slightly as he tried to contain his excitement. The pair separated as Mallory went to go to greet others. As she passed by the front door, a small knock was on the other side. The girl threw the door open, about to greet the person, when she hesitated. "You came?"