𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙔-𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀 ➯ 𝙞𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚 (𝙩𝙖𝙮𝙡𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣)

❝you could if you just
         said you're sorry❞
➯ if this was a movie (taylor's version), taylor swift
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ALTERNATIVE TITLE!

❝i don't know how not
              to think about you❞
➯ how not to, dan and shay
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
(a/n: this chapter is 3500 words...)

MALLORY sat, hands folded neatly in her lap as her knees bounced up and down. Her second coffee was already half-drank as she listened to the gentle talk around her in the coffee shop. The brunette was humming the words to the song that played over the speakers, trying to calm her nerves in any way she could.

"Mallory, hey," The familiar voice, like music to her ears, startled her out of her trance. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's okay," She reassured, pulling her jacket off of the chair across from her. "Please, sit."

The boy nodded, pulling his own jacket off before taking the seat, wiping his pants on his jeans. It was something that Mallory knew he did when he was nervous, noticing it for the first time that the two of them had their first date. She found it endearing that something she loved about the boy hadn't changed. "Umm, thanks for... meeting me."

Mason nodded, licking his lips. "Yeah, 'course. I'm glad you wanted to meet."

"I would've texted."

"You could've."

"I wasn't sure if you'd blocked me or not."

"I wouldn't. I didn't."

"Yeah, I realize that now."

"Okay. Good."

"Good."

The awkward silence only seemed to grow, the girl doing anything she could to jot meet his gaze. "I'm glad you messaged me."

"Yeah?"

The boy nodded. "Yeah. I, uh, wanted to say that I'm really... really proud of you. You're making music, I mean, it's been your dream for a really long time, and I'm glad you get to do it."

Mallory could've sworn she forgot how to breathe. As the words came out of his mouth, she wanted to swoon. He remembered her dream. He still cared about her dreams.

Once she gathered her composure, she readjusted in her seat, fighting every urge she had to reach across the table and grab his hand. "That's actually... what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," She hummed, watching as a small smile graced his lips. "As I'm sure you've figured, some of the songs on the album are really... personal."

"Yeah. I listened to the last two singles."

"Oh wonderful," Mallory said, resting her head in the palms of her hands. "I'm sorry, I should've done this before I ever released a single."

The Portsmouth boy couldn't help as he reached across the table and took one of Mallory's hands in his own, "Mally, I loved the songs. Rockland is a little inaccurate if I say so myself, but I honestly think they're both beautifully written."