𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓 ➯ 𝙨𝙤 𝙛𝙖𝙧 (𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩)

❝yeah so far, it's alright
alright baby❞
➯ so far (it's alright), the 1975
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

MALLORY sat in one of the front rows of the stadium which was only a short distance away from the benches. she was surrounded by people that she didn't know which only added to her nerves. not to mention the amount of people who were staring at the girl.

"mal," a familiar voice shouted, pulling her from her daydream. looking around, she saw her brother running over to the stands with a smile on his face.

with a small smile, the girl visibly relaxed at the sight of him. "i thought you were starting!"

"rolled my ankle during warm ups. i've gotta ride the bench," he joked, coming over to do their handshake. at the last part, he pulled her close so the people around her couldn't hear. "take a deep breath, you're okay. just introduce yourself."

with a small nod, the boy left to return to the bench. the girl looked around, the sea of blue for chelsea and green melting together. after a few more minutes, cat harding (jorginho's fiancée) came over and sat with her (making mallory praise god that christian had made her go to games in the past).
(p.s. i know that i said natalia but i didn't know that they had gotten divorced lol google is so confusing, so just pretend, ok?)

within a few minutes, the game had started. mallory couldn't lie, mal's competitive nature begin to take over. growing up, the girl attended each of christian's games and grew to love the sport. while she was attending university, she never missed a game. mallory had grown to love the sport and the chelsea team and watching the game live had sparked a new competitive thrive from the girl.

"not as far as jorginho- and a chance for mason mount," the announcer called, voice booming throughout the stadium, "who puts it low into the corner!"

halfway through the announcement the crowd erupted into cheers, mallory jumping to her feet with the rest of those around her. "and mason mount has his first of the season!"

the girl watched the smile on his face spread as he did his victory slide, grinning from ear to ear as he stuck his tongue out. his face as his teammates showered him with praise caught mallory's eyes as the scoreboard changed.

the game quickly fell back into its fast-pace play. within the first half, callum and reece had both scored. the boys had returned to the locker room. the high from the first half was evident throughout the crowd as they buzzed for the wait to finish. mallory, who was watching a video on her phone with jax, jorge's son when her phone vibrated. "demon child👹" appeared on the screen making mallory roll her eyes.

'mase told me about your deal' christian's message read, making mallory roll her eyes. 'you're gonna come down to the field?'

'i never said i would' she responded. 'mason is spreading lies.'

mallory gave her phone back to jax before turning back to the game, watching as the players reentered the field. as the players past, many waved to the stands, but there was one brunette boy who caught her eye. mason wiggled his eyebrows before pointing to the goal and to the pitch before winking. mallory felt her cheeks heat up before she rolled her eyes, waving him off.

at end of the first 90 minutes, heading into stoppage time, chelsea was up 6-0, with mason holding two of those goals. the girl felt more anxious as each minute past. ruben was running down field, ahead of all the defenders. with a swift pass, one that mallory could barely follow, mason had kicked the ball in one final time, bringing the score up to seven-nil.

mallory was on her feet at this point, screaming and cheering loudly. the girl had never felt so excited for a win, jumping with the kids around her as the group of them cheered.

after the game had ended, mallory gathered her things and tried to leave the stands, but was stopped by a soft hand on her wrist. "sorry mal, jorge and chris both asked that i make sure you come to the pitch."

mallory jokingly rolled her eyes as she giggled, only meeting the woman's pointed eyes before poking jax in the belly, "your mama's mean!"

the three made their way down to the pitch as the fans filed out, the group waiting for the team to emerge. each moment that passed, mallory felt as if she was going to faint. she brought her fingers to her lips, biting at the nails as some of the players slowly filed out.

when mallory saw christian, she physically relaxed. meeting her brother halfway, the two started with their handshake, "good job riding the bench!"

christian rolled his eyes, "yeah, yeah. ready to meet the boys?"

"let's get it over-"

"LITTLE PULISIC!" a strange voice called as a tall player whom she recognized as tammy abraham jumped onto her brother's shoulders, lightly tossing the smaller boy aside. "mase said you'd be coming down, but i didn't believe little chrisy here would let ya."

the girl game him a sweet smile as she shook his hand, laughing slightly. "well, i'm not scared of chris. i've got more dirt than anyone."

"like what?"

"for starters, i know that he has captain america underwear that he calls lucky and that any time he sees his reflection, he has to check himself out-"

"okay! mally," christian said with a nervous giggle, cutting the girl off with a hand over her mouth. "there's a few other people i'd like you to meet-"

"you came!" a new voice, much giddier than tammy called, making the girls heart flutter. mason mount emerged from behind ben and kai, looking incredibly...

mallory sent him a small smile, "well, we had a deal, i guess."

"you're my good luck charm," he beamed, coming over to the small group of people. "first game you come to and i get my first hat trick?"

"obviously my luck."

"obviously!" mason giggled, mallory staring at the way his eyes crinkled. she felt herself blushing madly, bringing her hands up to her mouth in an attempt to hide her smile. mason smiled at the girl, holding out his hand to shake hers. "i'm really glad you came today."

"yeah?"

"yeah."

KYLIE SPEAKS!
i've learned that i'm just plain trash at fifa, but it's fun to try! also, i have never been to a professional soccer game before so if this isn't entirely realistic or it's a little bit boring, let's just ignore it okay? remember to vote and comment. take care of yourselves, love you!

p.s.
thank you for 1k reads!!