Ch.45 ~ back home

Song of the chapter:
★cupid★
By
★Jack Stauber's micropop★

~guys, gals, non-binary folks, and anything in between, I'm writing this chapter like, wayyy in advance, I'm writing this chapter on 3/26/23 (or March 26 2023) you aren't going to be able to see this until 4/6/23 (or April 6 2023) lol, I can't wait for you people, furry's, therians, and any(one)(thing) in between to be this far into the book!~
________________________________

'Recap'

I took a left to get back onto the interstate and Sal asked:

"Y/n? Why did you get off of the interstate just to get back on?"

"Oh, it's because there were some cops in that area so I didn't want them to recognize any of us"

"Good eye"

"Thanks!"

'End of recap'

********************************************
(After 1 and 1/2 of an hour of
driving (it's about 4:30 now))

Ashley had passed out and Sal was on the verge of sleep but kept waking himself up so I didn't have to drive at night alone.

"Sal, you can go to sleep, I've driven this exact road more then I can count, we'll all be fine, just get sleep, don't keep yourself up for me"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure" and like that he was out. Poor boy, he was keeping himself up and deprived of sleep for the safety of us.

We had about 30 minutes until we were finally there so I popped in my earbud and listened to some sanity falls songs to remember the past, when Larry and Travis were both still alive, before me or Sal had any clue we were going to kill everyone in the apartments, before todd had gone clinically Insane, before all of it.

At some point I had let a tear stream down my cheek but quickly wiped it off and sucked my tears up so I would be able to see the road and not crash.

After about 3 songs the song memories and dreams started playing, It was Larry's favorite song by sanity falls, deja vu. the distinct smell of cigarettes and cologne from Larry's room came back to me, along with the sound of this song blaring as soon as you walked into Larry and Lisa's apartment.

I can't believe what's happened so far, it felt like just yesterday I was skipping classes in high school with the two boys. Then Todd would go to find us, scolding us, and dragging us back to class.

This memory made a fond smile slowly form on my face.

********************************************
(After you got home)
I parked the car in the garage and woke Ashley up, I just told her to go to her room and I would get Sal. She did as I told and I got out of the car and into the back seat.

"Sal"

"..."

"We're here, wake up"

"M-M"

"Sally, c'mon" I said now slightly shaking his shoulder.

"Mm... fine" he said as he slowly sat up from leaning on the door.

I chuckled and got out holding the door open for Sal as he got out. Once he was fully out of the car I shut the door and we walked to my room. I told Sal to take a shower while I found some clothes that were way to oversized for me, for him to wear. I ended up finding a black shirt with sanity falls logo in white that I stole from Larry in our high school years before... the incident, and some white shorts that I accidentally got a bigger pair then I originally wanted.

I left the clothes on my bed and went to the kitchen to make dinner, which was just chicken and dumplings. By the time I finished making the chicken and dumplings it was about 6:15 pm and I set the pot in the oven (it wasn't turned on) to keep the food warm so I could go check on Sal and Ashley. I walked to my room door and knocked on it.

"Yeah?"

"Are you dressed yet?"

"Uhh, not yet, why?"

"I was just coming to say that dinner was ready"

"Okay, I'll be out in a bit!"

"Okay, c'ya!"

"C'ya!"

And now I was on my way up stairs to find Ashley. I came to her door and knocked.

"Hello? Who's there?"

"Hey, it's me, y/n"

"Oh! Come in, come in!" She said as she opened the door.

"Hey, I was just coming to tell you that dinner was ready, I made your favorite, chicken and dumplings!"

"Ok, give me a second I'll be down in a bit"

"Ok"

She shut the door and I went back downstairs. Sal wasn't there yet so I walked to the guest bedrooms bathroom to check if it was clean. With Ashley bringing over her many 'study partners', he or she would always go to this bathroom to clean up so anytime I had company over or she had company over that wasn't them, I would always make sure there wasn't any evidence of the aftermath of 'study's' with her and her 'study partners'.

I didn't know where Sal was going to sleep but I wanted to make sure if he decided to sleep in the guest bedroom it and the bathroom would be clean, so I checked the actual room for any 'post-studying items/evidence', which thankfully, there where none.

I went to the dining room and set the table before walking back to the kitchen and sitting at a bar stool that was at the island of our kitchen to wait on Sal and our 'study'-freak of a friend.

The first to come out was Sal, he came over to where I was and I got up and hugged him. When we pulled back from the hug I looked him up and down and said:

"Ya know, I don't think bright orange is your best color, let's try to minimize the orange clothes, most importantly jumpsuits"

He chuckled and said:

"I agree"

"But always, no matter what color your wearing, I'm glad to see you"

"I could say the same thing"

I sat back on the bar stool and pulled the other one out and motioned for Sal to sit down, to which he obliged to. Me and him chatted for a bit until Ashley finally came down. I walked over to the pot in the oven, putting it on a pot holder in the middle of the table before Sal and Ashley sat down. I sat down after making sure I turned off everything.

I guess Sal was comfortable with showing his face to both me and Ashley because he took his prosthetic completely off while I just lifted it to be able to eat with minimizing the skin showing as much as possible.
_____________________________

~I'm so happy we got this far in the book! I can't wait to post more chapters!!!~

(1169 words)

~have a good rest of your night or day, thanks for reading this chapter, and see you later~