38

As Wuxian and Wangji were relaxing together in their room at the inn. Lan Wangji leaning back against the headboard of the bed with Wei Wuxian laying beside him with his head on his chest.

Lan Wangji soon received a butterfly message from his brother saying that he will be back to the inn shortly. He had been out all night and stayed at Nie sect even though he said he'd be staying at the inn. Wangji smirked knowing very well that his brother was close to Nie Mingjue. He was glad actually. Lan Xichen was kind and just and he was always the peacekeeper. Nie Mingjue was similar but he had a strong front.

Nie Mingjue is well known for his strictness and violent temper. Nie Mingjue shows no interest in women, art, alcohol, or anything outside of his saber work. Although Nie Mingjue rarely opens up to others, he is rather protective towards those he care about. In fact, the deepest regret of his life is watching his father's demise after being gored by a beast during a night hunt. Nie Mingjue possesses an extremely black-and-white sense of morality, and is rather intolerant of anything he deems to deviate from the moral good. For instance, he despises the Qishan Wen Clan due to Wen Ruohan's role in his father's death.

This morality also gives Nie Mingjue a strong sense of fairness and justice, as he respects those who disagree with him if they demonstrate integrity, as evidenced by his commendation of Mianmian, and immediately backs Xiao Xingchen's evidence against Xue Yang in the face of the Lanling Jin Clan's political equivocations. He is also compassionate to those he deems innocent; for example, during the Sunshot Campaign, Nie Mingjue goes out of his way to reassure a woman and child trapped among the fighting, and reprimands the cultivators he catches gossiping about Jin Guangyao.

That was until he learned from Lan Xichen of what Jin Guangyao had done to him. He had already began to despise Jin Guangyao for for killing several of his subordinates while undercover during the Sunshot Campaign. Seeing that Lan Xichen has stuck close to him sense his knowledge of his assault, Wangji was glad. Nie Mingjue will go out of his way to protect Lan Xichen. Wangji knows that Lan Xichen is just too kind in this world, much like Wei Ying, but Lan Xichen usually tries to find the good in every situation...until it came to standing against Wei Wuxian and he found that he was manipulated by Jin Guangyao into doing it.

Wei Wuxian noticed the smile on his husband's face after receiving the butterfly message, "What are you so happy about?"

"Huan-Ge will be back soon," Wangji said.

"And that has you happy?" Wuxian asked.

"He spent the night with Da-Ge," Wangji told him.

Wei Wuxian chuckled, "good for him. Nie Mingjue is good for him. He is the strength that your brother needs to help him move forward after what he went through. If something like that happened to me, and I was taken advantage of, you would be the only person I'd want to console me...which I hope I do not ever have to experience something like that," he explained.

"I will always be there for you, and I would hope that never happens to you," Wangji said, "because that person will not have a happy ending."

Wei Wuxian laughed and straddled his lap, and wrapped his arms around Wangji's neck, "I just know how much you like cutting off body parts," he said.

"If it keeps their hands off you, then yes," Wangji said.

"Can you take tongues as well? Keep people from talking crap about me?" Wuxian asked.

"I would," Wangji said, "the should never be mean to my Xiaguang Jun."

Wei Wuxian smiled, "I do happen to like that name," he said, "similar to Hanguang Jun, still involves light."

"You are beautiful and colorful," Wangji said, "matches your personality."

"Lan Zhan," Wuxian whispered.

Wangji chuckled as he quickly flipped then, causing Wuxian to squeal with excitement and then he hovered over Wuxian, "I mean it."

Wuxian giggled as he pulled Wangji down to kiss him. Lan Wangji gently lowered himself onto Wuxian, allowing their soul bond to link up. Since turning to an immortal, their energies have been blending more and more, and it was always so soothing. It also seemed to send them a rush of adrenaline that is just waiting to burst out. Lan Wangji ground his hips against Wuxian causing the pleasure to increase and a soft moan to leave his husband's lips.

Lan Xichen entered only to feel an immense of spiritual energy flowing around the room. He saw that his brother and his husband were engulfed by an aura of light blue and red, a mix of the two energies. He had never witnessed such a thing, an exchange in essence and energy through a connect from soul bonds.

His distracted mind came to reality when he heard a moan. Lan Xichen was glad the two were in robes but he didn't know if he should stop them or leave to let them be for a bit. Then he thought again, the amount of teasing the two have been giving him lately was ridiculous. This was a perfect opportunity, so Lan Xichen smiled and put two hands in his mouth and blew a whistle.

Lan Wangji jerked and fell off the bed from being scared by the whistle, "Lan Zhan?!" Wuxian said helping him up.

"I am fine," Wangji said as he climbed back on the bed.

Wuxian hugged him close and scowled at Xichen, "you could have hurt him," he told him.

"Sorry, but I had to, the amount of times you two have teased me, I had to take the opportunity," Xichen said.

Wuxian huffed and placed a kiss on Wangji's cheek, "are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Mnn," Wangji nodded and cuddled up with him on the bed again. He turned to his brother and told him, "Mine!"

Lan Xichen was just stunned at this point. He was not going to take Wuxian anywhere but his brother scolded him anyway. Lan Xichen could only shake his head and sat down at the table, and made tea.