33

"Wei Wuxian! You dare mess with my son's life?!"

"A'Ying, you promised me."

"A'Ying, what was the point of it all? Why did you make me cut it out of you if you were to just take it right back?"

"XianXian, why have you done this?"

"You stupid boy! I hope you rot in the darkest and most vile depths of hell!"

Wei Wuxian's eyes shot open. Tears formed and slowly rolled down his cheeks. All those voices, were they linked to his core now or was he still haunted by his past?

"Wei Ying?" Wangji asked.

"Lan Zhan, They keep yelling at me," Wei Wuxian told him, "need Baoshan!"

Lan Wangji stepped out and got Baoshan. Wei Wuxian explained what was happening inside his head, "your core has been tainted by that man's actions. It is a core filled with innocence and he defiled it. You need to sit in my cleansing pool for a few hours for it to go back to normal," she said, "I promise it will be okay."

Wuxian nodded, "okay," he said, "they are calling me vile, and a demon. They are saying I didn't live up to my promise."

"You did that and more," Baoshan told him, "because of what that family did to you, getting your core back is compensation. It still isn't enough to pay for all that you have done for them and what you have suffered through."

"She is right, and you are not vile or a demon. You are kind and generous, very selfless and brave," Wangji said, "they need to make up for what they did. Yanli is probably an exception but I cannot make that call for you."

"She was always the best person to me. She was never harsh or mean," Wuxian explained, "she just made me feel secure even if I was not in a safe place."

"You two could still make things work out okay, as for Jiang Wanyin," Wangji said, "he will probably never change."

"I have to agree with you on that, unfortunately," Wuxian said.

"Well, let me take you to the cleansing pool," Baoshan said, "you can be with him if you want Wangji."

Lan Wangji nodded. They then walked out with her.

"Wai Po, earlier, when Lan Zhan and I were by that peach tree, a little white nine tail fox showed up. It seemed to be a bit fond of me, do you know why?" Wuxian asked.

"She has a connection to you before her mother was spiritually connected to Cangse," Baoshan said, "it seems the little fox wants to assist you and be with you and your husband. She can bond with you, Wangji, and your son and she will always be willing to protect you."

"I almost want her to protect A'Yuan," Wuxian said.

"What do you want to name her and I can go get her for you?" Baoshan asked.

"WuJi," Wuxian said.

"WuJi?" Baoshan asked, "Clever."

Wangji smiled, "WuJi, Wuxian and Wangji..."

"Alright, relax here at the pool and I will go get WuJi," Baoshan said.

Wangji just watched Wuxian climb into the pool with a smile on his face, "how did you think of it so fast?" Wangji asked as he sat on the ground and leaned against a nearby tree.

"Simple, our song is Wangxian, you came up with it, it's a combination of our names. With the fox it is similar. She will be ours together, so WuJi seems to be a good name for her," Wuxian said. He sat furthest away from Wangji but it was only so he could stare at him properly.

"It is smart to have her protect A'Yuan a bit more. I wouldn't mind if she stuck with him," Wangji said.

"I would be more at ease," Wuxian said, "it would let me know that a creature such as a nine tail fox is around him. They are very strong creatures and they are willing to protect those they are connected to."

WuJi shortly came trotting over and curled up beside Wangji. Wuxian couldn't help but find it too cute. He thought Wangji being around the bunnies were adorable, but with WuJi it was even more so. Wuxian moved to sit closer to them, his arms folded over the edge and he rests his chin firmly against them.

"I could just stare at you all day," Wuxian said.

"So shameless," Wangji said.

"Am I?" Wuxian asked.

Wangji nodded, "Mnn."

"You are really good with animals," Wuxian said, "most of them don't really like being around me...probably because of my energy."

"WuJi likes you," Wangji said, "and I'm sure our bunnies like you too."

"I'm sure some do, I was just saying so," Wuxian told him, "but you seem to have a way to make everything around you much better."

"The only thing that matters to me is you and A'Yuan. You make everything better for me," Wangji said.

Wuxian sighed, "what am I to do with you?" He asked playfully.

"Nothing, because you love me like this," Wangji replied.

Wuxian giggled, "I do. I should marry you."

"We are already married though," Wangji said.

"I should marry you again," Wuxian said.

Wangji shook his head and lifted WuJi to his face, "how are you so cute?"

WuJi responded by licking Wangji's nose and wagging her many tails. Wuxian found the scene to be too beautiful. He was happy to be able to call Wangji his.

////////////////

* In Chinese philosophy, wújí (simplified Chinese: 无极; traditional Chinese: 無極; literally: 'without ridgepole', meaning 'without limit') originally referred to infinity