4

Lan Wangji demanded that they continued the next day so that everyone could take in the information they just learned. Especially after the bomb drop of the golden core, everyone got to experience five seconds of that pain as it was a truth that Wei Wuxian spoke. Lan Wangji also wanted Wei Wuxian to rest. He was still wounded and has not been treated yet. Lan Wangji prepared a bath for him, so while he bathed, Lan Wangji gathered fresh medicine and bandages as well as robes. Wei Wuxian returned to Wangji only in his trousers and sat down in front of him to let him tend his wounds.

"Do you hate me?" Wei Wuxian asked in a whisper, "for not telling you?"

"Could never hate you," Lan Wangji replied, "mad at others and myself for not noticing sooner."

Wei Wuxian turned to face Lan Wangji, "how could you be mad at yourself if you never knew?" He asked.

Lan Wangji sighed and glanced at the scar on Wei Wuxian's abdomen, "I'm sorry you suffered through that alone."

Wei Wuxian shook his head, "it is okay...I just wished I let A'Yuan go with you when you suggested....I just couldn't let go...he wouldn't have died if I hadn't been so selfish...I'm so sorry!" Wei Wuxian started to sob, "I already carry so much pain and guilt for Jin Zixuan...now A'Yuan."

Lan Wangji pulled Wei Wuxian to his lap, "don't blame yourself...I...saw Wen Ning before they were taken away...he said he heard a second flute, mixing up your commands from Chenqing."

"What?" Wei Wuxian asked as he wiped his tears away, "I thought I was hallucinating...and everything happened so fast...that Jin Zixun bastard blamed me for placing a curse on him. That type of curse has a backlash to it, so the person who casts it also suffers from the curse. I do not have the hundred holes curse...I know of it but I would never do such a thing."

"I know, I believe you," Wangji said, "as for now, I think I just want you to focus on recovering. The people will continue to know more of the truth and we will try to figure out who is responsible for framing you."

Wei Wuxian nodded, "you have done a lot for me already but can I ask a couple more things from you?"

"You can ask me anything, I have nothing to hide or hold back from. I am here for you," Lan Wangji told him.

"Will you kiss me first?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Lan Wangji smirked as he lifted Wuxian's face by his chin and settled his lips on Wuxian's. Wei Wuxian needed this. He needed this closeness with Lan Wangji right now. After losing their son, they wanted to be beside each other. Wei Wuxian melted into Lan Wangji as he soaked in his taste, the tenderness of his lips, and the passion he received from them. Lan Wangji didn't let the kiss go for too long and pulled away.

"What else did you need to ask?" Lan Wangji asked.

"Can I borrow your mourning clothes?" Wei Wuxian asked.

Lan Wangji couldn't help but laugh a little, "you want to wear white?"

"I want to mourn our son properly," Wei Wuxian told him, "I just don't have much of anything...which I also apologize for."

"I do not care if you have little to nothing, all I care about is you. I care about your wellbeing and happiness. At the moment, you wanting to wear white to mourn is perfectly fine. I can get you proper clothes," Wangji told him.

"Thank you," he said, "the arrow I took?"

Lan Wangji had Wei Wuxian sit up so he can examine the wound just a little bit, "it seemed to have hit you pretty good. Though it is nowhere near vital organs so it should heal..."

"Lan Zhan, I want you to know, I do not regret the decision I made," Wei Wuxian told him, "I just wish it didn't have to happen, but it did...and now I fear growing older faster and aging and being weak and useless. I know that you won't let me just use my abilities as I have been."

"All I know about resentment is that it damaged the body, and the mind. Though it makes sense how you can control it better than anyone else ever could, and the only time when you risk losing control is when you're provoked," Lan Wangji told him.

"I wish Wen Qing and Wen Ning didn't have to suffer because of me, and because of the things outside of their control," Wei Wuxian said.

"Wei Ying, you did the best you could, I wish I could have gotten to you sooner, but the moment I stepped into Cloud Recesses after I got caught from visiting you, I was put under house arrest. I could leave, my Bichen was taken and my abilities were blocked. I wanted to get to you. I could still feel that you were getting hurt. All I knew was, if something happened to you, I'd follow you and I wouldn't be left in this world without you."

"Am I really just, a terrible person? Why do people assume that is what I am?" Wei Wuxian asks.

"The sects are all hypocrites. I almost just want to leave Gusu with you and live wherever we want," Lan Wangji told him.

"We still could, when this is all over, we can go wherever we want to," Wei Wuxian said, "I am happy to travel around with you."

"Seems like we have plans set then," Lan Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian nodded and pulled Lan Wangji back in to kiss him. Wei Wuxian was going to be dealing with a lot of sorrows from the past but Lan Wangji was determined to get him away from all this and help him recover at his own pace.