chapter 11: 1 day to MSG (feelings)

Pattie decided to let Justin sleep that morning as she had to wake him up every four hours during the night to give him medication. The medicine, overall, helped with the fever, but the minute it wore off, Justin was back to shivering and sweating in his sleep. Bruce and Diane were staying in the spare bus, so as soon as all the adults were up on Justin's bus, Scooter suggested that they were headed to the spare one to have breakfast so the "kids" (Ryan, Justin, and Mackenzie) could rest. The walls were thin, and it was easy to hear everything from one room to another.

Ryan spent the whole night organizing Justin's new concert outfits that arrived and Mackenzie wanted to keep him company, so they both stayed up, alternating between folding, ironing, and munching on some chips. Despite going to bed at 5 a.m., Mackenzie didn't forget to set her alarm, so they got ready and joined the crew for breakfast only 10 minutes later than everyone else.

"Oh, there he is! Hello, sweetheart!"- Diane said the minute Justin appeared at the bus door. Scooter had a small hope that Justin would be all rested and better that morning, but he had a groggy expression and a small painful frown on his face. He didn't say anything but went straight to his mother's arms.

"How's my baby?"- Pattie asked quietly, cupping his warm cheeks with both her hands. His eyes were still glassy and tired- "You don't feel good?"- Justin shook his head 'no' as Mama Jan advised him to try and keep his voice still as much as possible. He buried his head back in his mom's shoulder. Pattie hugged him closer- "I know you're tired, but I need you to eat something, alright love?"

Bruce went around and rubbed Justin's back before guiding him to the couch. Justin gave him a hug before sitting down and laying his head on grandpa's shoulder. He was about to doze off again, but Pattie sat down by his side and placed a mug of warm milk on his trembling hand.

"What do you want to eat, buddy? We have eggs, waffles, grilled cheese..."- Ryan asked, taking a bite of his own sticky sweet waffle as he checked his phone. His and everyone else's Twitter had been going crazy as soon as the fans knew about yesterday's cancellation.

"I'm not hungry"- Justin's voice still sounded painful, but at least, it sounded as bad as the day before. He placed the mug down on the table after a small sip, immediately feeling nauseous.

"Can you just try a little bit? I got you some Cap'n Crunch!"- Pattie tried to persuade him using his favorite cereal, but his stomach was really feeling sore. Justin shook his head 'no' once again.

"What about some yogurt?"- Mackenzie suggested, showing him the small low-fat cotton candy-flavored yogurt pouch that she was holding. She knew that that was his favorite yogurt of all time because he got her utterly addicted to it, promising her that it tasted just like ice cream, and it really did- "It's the last one, but you can have it. I just ate a tiny little bit, promise!"

Justin gave her a smile and got the yogurt. He didn't have an appetite, but he couldn't refuse the best yogurt in the whole world. Mackenzie laughed when he started to suck on the small pouch and rolled his eyes to let everyone know how good it tasted.

"Thanks, Kenz. This tastes like a unicorn is eating birthday cake in heaven!"- Justin said, making Mackenzie giggle once again.

"Open, kiddo"- Scooter said after Justin finished eating. The boy opened his mouth and allowed his manager to take his temperature as Pattie went to get his medication on the other bus- "You're still burning up, man. How are you feeling?"

"My head is throbbing, I don't feel well"- Justin admitted, laying down on the couch and closing his eyes for a little while. Bruce sat down by him and rubbed his temples to try and soothe Justin's pain, but he knew that a migraine was coming his way.