chapter 03: team bieber's new member

Stepping out of the car, Ryan, once again, checked the time Mackenzie said she would arrive, running thru their last texts. He rubbed his eyes as another wave of tiredness ran past him. He barely slept last night between Pattie and Scooter trashing the room the whole time, while Justin was running a dangerously high fever and throwing up non-stop. He just took a small nap at around 4 am, when everyone was finally quiet, but his alarm went off 45 minutes later and there he was, waiting for his little sister to get off the plane. 

Following Kenny inside, Ryan instantly began hearing the rush of the busy airport. His eyes roamed around the area, searching for the mini version of himself. He soon spotted the petite girl. Mackenzie had grown up so much that he was a bit taken aback. Her hair was long and straight, a light chocolate brown color, contrasting perfectly with her greenish eyes. She didn't look like Ryan at all, but at the same time, they were so much alike that it was noticeable. When he glimpsed, she was running straight into his arms, not caring if her suitcase was left behind. Ryan wrapped her in his arms tightly before releasing his grip and grabbing a hold of her small hand.

"I missed you so much, Ry"- Kenzie whispered, burying his face back in his chest as Kenny finally caught up to them after grabbing her bags.

"I missed you more, punk!"- he mumbled back, placing a kiss on her forehead. Mackenzie had really turned into a beautiful girl.

She stretched her back thru the light blue Lululemon set that she was wearing and rubbed her eyes lightly. The flight was long, and, for some reason, she could not sleep at all. Usually, she passed out thru all the plane rides, but this time, she just couldn't relax. Maybe it was anxiety about moving or the whole excitement of hopping from one country to another. Her heart was a bit parted. At the same time, the fact of not going to school and staying from one hotel to another without her mom or her friends, scared her. But the opportunity was undeniable. The chance of tagging along on Justin Bieber's tour, living with her brother, and getting to visit every country in the world was incredible.

"Now, am I a rockstar already or what?"- she teased, grabbing Ryan's shades, and putting them on.

"For sure, punk. Haven't you always been though?"- he chucked, his question making Mackenzie giggle before nodding her head.

"Where's Justin? He said he was coming with you"- she asked right after thanking Kenny for carrying her huge suitcase.

"Rough night. He's sick, had a fever the whole night, is completely dehydrated, and couldn't sleep. He was excited to come but Pattie and Scooter thought he needed rest because of tomorrow's concert"- Ryan explained- "So, you'll behave and let him get better, huh?"

Mackenzie smiled lazily and rolled her eyes at him, making him laugh. But she agreed when Kenny rushed them out the airport door. As soon as they stepped out, paparazzi quickly surrounded them, constant flashes making Mackenzie bury her head in Ryan's chest.

"Get used to it, kiddo. They spotted us leaving the hotel, probably think Justin's here as well"- Kenny said, holding her shoulder to guide her to the car waiting for them.

"Is it always this crazy?"- she asked, looking up at Ryan as he held the SUV door open for her to get in and Kenny placed her stuff in the back. They both climbed onto the seat next to hers, shutting the door immediately.

"It gets way worse, that's for sure!"- he answered, helping her put the seat belt on as soon as he had his own settled.

"It's fun"- she shrugged, smiling sweetly. Truthfully, everything seemed fun for her at that point. As the car began to move, she looked out of the window, amazed by the streets of the "City of Love".