chapter 01: pilot

"What do I have to do today? I'm so tired"- Justin asked, yawning as soon as he sat down on the breakfast table Scooter asked the hotel crew to put together on his suite, so they didn't have to go down to the restaurant. Keeping Justin a bit more private was the right way to make things easier for him. He yawned again, rubbing his eyes as another wave of tiredness hit his body. Pattie insisted he went to bed earlier, but after dinner, he just couldn't turn his head off. He knew he had to listen to her when she told him that violent video games before bed would not make him sleep any good.

"Scooter will run your schedule after breakfast but now, you have to eat"- Pattie said, setting a small bowl of oatmeal with honey in front of him. She ran her hand over his hair, and he rolled his eyes and pushed her hand away before she could tangle his perfect floppy bangs- "I want a clean bowl, okay?"

"Can I just get something else? I don't want oatmeal"- Justin complained, stirring the mushy food around with his spoon. He wasn't a fan of early breakfasts but was aware of his mom keeping a close eye on every meal he had. He got a little sick in the first month of the tour and she wasn't about to let his health be compromised by his crazy schedule.

"After the oatmeal, you can eat whatever you would like, baby"- she pointed, getting herself a plate of fruits, and sitting right next to him. Justin whined, pushing the bowl away and getting a stern look from his mother- "No fussing, Justin. You know very well your dietician insisted on oats every day for you as it helps you go to the bathroom".

He instantly blushed as soon as he heard Ryan Good giggling from the other side of the table. This time, it was his time to shoot Pattie a glare. She laughed lightly and pushed the bowl back in front of him. He took a small bite before spitting it all back out.

"Justin, you're testing my patience. Please, have some manners".

"It tastes awful, mom. I'm not eating this! Yuck"- he complained again, setting his spoon down and looking over at Pattie, pleadingly.

"You're such a drama queen, man"- Ryan said, bursting into laughter. Justin giggled back, throwing a sugar packet right at him. Justin was so thankful that Ryan was on tour with him. He not only made sure his wardrobe was amazing, but he was Justin's best friend, more like an older brother. Justin kept following him around everywhere and they would always eat, play games, arrange pranks, talk about confidential secrets, and overall, do everything together. He felt like he could tell Ryan anything, and he was, by far, the person in the world, that knew him the best.

"You'll change your mind when I give you that medicine that you know very well where it goes because you can't go"- Pattie said and Justin blushed furiously this time.

"Mom!"- he whined, burying his head in his hands. Ryan kept on laughing lightly and Allison joined the table, putting her phone down after setting up another business meeting. Scooter ran back into the room, rushing everyone out of the door so Justin wouldn't be late for his first interview of the day.

"He didn't even have breakfast yet"

"We'll just grab something at McDonald's after the interview, it shouldn't take too long, but now, he really needs to go"- Scooter said, trying to calm Pattie's nerves. He knew she was a bit more worried about Justin's habits now.

"Yes! McDonald's!"- the sixteen-year-old cheered, pushing his oatmeal bowl away again and getting up from the table, running to his room to grab a jacket and his phone. Paris was a bit cold this week and wearing just a white long-sleeved t-shirt and some sweatpants wouldn't be enough.

"Scooter, I just really need us to work together when it comes to Justin's health. You know his immune system hasn't been the best lately. McDonald's every day will only make things harder for everyone"- Justin listened to his mom and Scooter chatting as he got his phone off the charger. He quickly grabbed everything he needed before rushing out the door, right after Ryan. The car was already waiting so everyone, including Pattie, Scooter, Allison, Ryan, and Kenny got inside the minivan. Traffic wasn't the best, so Justin just used his time to run over some of the interview questions.