chapter 04: first concert

The morning came as soon as the night fell and, finally, Mackenzie got some rest. After her nap on the day before, Ryan took her shopping and sightseeing in Paris. As it was her first day, he really wanted to spend some time with his sister and also, keep her away while Justin rested.

Mackenzie was having a blast. Her love affair with Paris began with her first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower while she and Ryan walked around the gardens that surrounded it. Later that day, they both went to the Louvre as the girl couldn't keep her excitement hidden about seeing the Mona Lisa painting, the most famous piece of art in the entire world. At end of the day, Mackenzie walked around on Avenue des Champs- Elysée's and she jumped up and down when Ryan said she needed some new clothes. They shopped for a while before stopping at a small French restaurant to grab some crepes for dinner.

Just as they walked back to the hotel, she spotted a huge electronics store. She pulled Ryan by the hand, almost dragging him inside as he said they'd already spent too much.

"Kenz, it's getting late, we really should go!"- Ryan said, impatient as she seemed to look for something- "And what are we doing here? Do you need something specific? What are we looking for?"

"I saw online that the new NBA game on PlayStation came out today"- she said, still looking around- "I'm sure Justin doesn't have it".

"He's been talking about it for a while, but I didn't think you were into video games, punk. You've always hated it whenever I played at home".

"I do"- she laughed- "I'm pretty sure the screen makes you dumb".

"So why the hell are we here for, Kenz?"

"Well, we spent the whole day getting to know the city and buying stuff while Justin stayed in bed. All he does is work and he got sick on his down time"- she explained as if it was obvious. Ryan chuckled, getting what she meant. She really was his sister as he was thinking the same thing as they walked around the city, always alert to find something cool so Justin didn't feel left out. For Justin, Ryan has always been his big brother, but now, he had to share him. And it really sucked that he was sick while they were having that much fun- "It's unfair and we should buy him the game. At least, it will keep him distracted while he rests".

"You really thought about that?"

"Yeah, didn't you? And don't worry. I have some money that I got on my birthday, so you don't have to pay for it, okay?"- she said, opening her small pink purse and getting her silver credit card. Mom told Ryan that she would make a deposit every month for Mackenzie with enough money for whatever she needed, but still, he did want to give his sister the new clothes. She also said that Mackenzie had a couple of dollars that grandma gave her as a birthday gift, and that money, she could spend however she wanted.

"No, punk. You should keep your money. It's yours and you should spend with yourself. I can buy Justin's game. But it's really nice of you to think about him, Kenz. He's going to love it"- he smiled, before hugging her lightly.

"No, I'll pay, Ry. It was my idea and I really want to buy it! You already got me so much stuff".

"We can split it, what do you think?"

"Nope, I'm buying it!"- she insisted, and Ryan just nodded. He would make sure to give her the money back without her consent. He let her go to the cashier by herself and got the game all wrapped up with a blue gift bow. When they were all done, the two walked back to the hotel and said goodnight to everyone before showering and getting into bed as it was pretty late already.

Mackenzie got up early that morning when Ryan shook her awake and told her that he needed to run to the venue and organize Justin's concert wardrobe in case there was going to be a concert that night. Before leaving the room, he kissed her head and let her know that he put her phone to charge in Justin's room as he needed to take his charger with him (Mackenzie's charger didn't fit the European outlets and they forgot to buy an adapter). A while later, she ran into the shower when Pattie knocked and said that they were having breakfast in 30 minutes.