The Fall

3rd POV:

Esdeath: "This is getting exciting! Show me more, Duncan!"

Esdeath sword clashed with Duncan's chain, fire and ice creating a storm and ravaging the ground that they stood upon. Mantaining a stone cold expression, Duncan kicked Esdeath away, creating some distance.

Duncan: "We are just getting started!"

Duncan's hand became ingulfed in flames, just in time to melt an incoming baragge of ice forged spikes. Placing her hand on the ground, ice began spreading across and spikes erected from upwards. Duncan backfliped a couple of times before rolling away and slamming his fist into the ground as waves of flames countered the ice attack.

Esdeath: "Good!"

She dashed, sword in hand and pointed forward. Chains wrapped around his knuckles and forearms, Duncan blocked the sword strike as sparks flew around.

Esdeath: "It would be too boring if this ended so soon!"

Duncan grunted as he leaned his body backwards, the heel of Esdeath's boot barely scratching his chin. Twisting her body, Esdeath thrusted her blade but a chain entagled around the blade and pushed her back.

Duncan: "I'm anything but boring."

Duncan charged as flames began to take shape in his hands. Esdeath narrowed her eyes trying anticipate Duncan's next move. Unlike many of her opponents, Duncan was chaotic, moving only on pure base instict, unpredictable.

Just as he got close enough, Esdeath swiged her blade only for a loud clank to stop her blade which was stuck in the unusual weapon Duncan conjured.

Esdeath: "What?!"

Duncan chuckled seeing Esdeath flabbergasted look. Esdeath's blade got stuck in the end of a crowbar.

Duncan: "Honestly, they are quite versatile and resilient."

With his free hand, Duncan brought his shotgun and aimed. Esdeath had not choice but to back away just in time as Duncan pulled the trigger, she managed to avoid getting her head blown off.

Esdeath just took a moment to regain her footing, at that very moment she just felt death, no... a much more dreadful feeling then death itself. It was as if every attack was meant to erase her very existance. This made her smile widen in delight. She has been waiting for such an opponent for a long time.

Esdeath: "Hehe... hehe... hehehahaha! Now this, I like!"

Duncan: "You're enjoying this more then I'm comfortable with."

Esdeath: "Look who's talking, having that grin on your face."

At first Duncan was confused until he touched his face, he felt his expression and indeed he was grinning much to his surprise.

Esdeath: "Tell me something, when was the last time you fought for the joy of the fight? For the thrill of it? When was the last time your blood kept pumping like this when you fought with someone?"

This put Duncan in a thoughtful state, he never fought unless necessary or provoked, and that was before becoming a Rider. After becoming the Spirit of Vengeance, fighting was more like a job then anything for him.

Duncan: "...Never."

Esdeath smiled with glee when she heard his answer, now she REALLY had to got all out.