Reap the Ripper

Duncan's POV:

Same shit different day, as some say, or night in this case. Najenda called us for a meeting in the main room, having another target to relocate into afterlife.

Well, if I encounter the target, it won't have much of an afterlife to go to. More likely Zarathos' stomach.

Zarathos: 'This is already making me hungry.'

I let out a sigh as I leaned back in my chair, arms crossed. I turned my attention to Najenda.

Najenda: "This time our target is the ripper you hear about in the Capital. It seems he appears during the night and beheads all the people he meets. It's unclear how many he killed."

Tatsumi: "And third of them were guards, right? He must be strong."

Duncan: "He either got guts or he's insane. Maybe even both."

Lubbock: "He must be Executioner Zanku."

Tatsumi: "And who the hell is that?"

And to no one's surprise, Mine gained an annoyed expression and looked at Tatsumi as if he was supposed to know.

Mine: "You never heard of him? You were truly raised in the outskirts."

Honestly, I had no clue who he was either. Even back home I have a habit of trying to get as much info as I can when I'm on a bounty hunt. I may be some unholy flaming skull biker, but I still go old school.

Sheele raised her hand in the air with a shy look.

Sheele: "Excuse me? Neither I know who he is."

Mine facepalmed and sighed.

Mine: "Sheele, I think you just forgot..."

Duncan: "So, gonna tell us who he is or what?"

Luckily, Najenda was quick to notice my lack of patience and decided to inform us herself.

Najenda: "Executioner Zanku. In the past he was the executioner of the biggest prison of the Capital. With the Prime Minister, the executions increased a lot. Day after day, head after head. He cut people who even asked for grace. It seems that after he killed for so many years, it became a habit."

My eyes narrowed a little. The fact that this Prime Minister was involved means one thing...

Zarathos: 'Innocents wrongly accused...'

I could feel my eyes burning, Zarathos' rage started to swell. Closing my eyes, I inhaled and exhaled as I tried to calm down. Opening them, I managed to calm down... for now Considering how things are going, I might snap sooner or later. Gotta keep level headed as much as I can.

Mine: "And since beheading people in prison wasn't enough, he started to do it outside."

Bulat: "After a group was formed in order to stop him, he just disappeared. And now, to think he showed up again in the Capital..."

Tatsumi: "What a horrible man! Let's find him and stop him!"

Shaking my head, a barely visible amused smirk appeared on my face. Gotta give it to him, Tatsumi got enthusiasm. I wonder though... when will he get tired...

Duncan: "Hold your horses, Tats. How do you plan on finding him?"

He looked at me as if he was about to answer, but Bulat put a hand on his head.