A dream or a Premonition?

That morning, there was a knock on the bunkhouse door. You roll over and groan before getting up to answer. You open the door to see a well-dressed man holding a briefcase.

Y/N: I assume you're a doctor?

Doctor: that I am, the name's James Martin. Leigh told me you have a bullet giving you some trouble.

Y/N: sure do, give me a moment to get myself presentable, and then we'll talk.

Doctor Martin: Of course, I'll wait here.

With that, you close the door and wake Sadie.

Y/N: Wake up sleepy the docs here.

Sadie: What time is it?

Y/N: half past 6.

Sadie: Jesus, do people not sleep around these parts?

Y/N: Well, sorry, me needing a doctor is an interruption to your beauty sleep.

You tease, which earns you an elbow in the side.

Sadie: Ha ha, well, let's not keep the good doctor waiting.

With that, you two share a kiss before getting dressed for the day. A few moments later, you walk back to the door.

Y/N: Sorry about that doc, it's been a long few days.

Doc Martin: it's not a problem at all.

You step aside so the doctor can enter the bunk house. The doctor stops, noticing Sadie he offers her a hand shake.

Doc Martin: How'd you do ma'am, I'm James Martin, the doctor around these parts.

Sadie returns the hand shake.

Sadie: The name's Sadie, I hear you're here to fix this one up.

Doc martin: Well, that's the idea anyway. Assuming he listens to what I tell him.

Sadie: Oh, I promise you, he will.

Y/N: And who am I to argue with you two fine medical professionals.

They both laugh, and all three take a seat at the table. You pour everyone a coffee and start talking.

Doc Martin: So tell me what happened.

Y/N: I was ambushed and shot in Texas. I ended up being taken captive by a gang, so needless to say, I didn't have the best medical service.

Doc Martin: meaning you had none.

You nod.

Y/N: As you can see, I managed to escape, but by that point, the wound had healed over. I saw a doctor shortly after, and he confirmed the bullet was still in there, but it was to close the spine for him to remove it. He recommended I try and find someone who was skilled enough to get it out, so here we are.

The doctor had been taking notes the whole time. Looking up, he begins to question.

Doc Martin: How long ago was this?

Y/N: The ambush was a few months ago at this point.

Doc martin: And when did you see the doctor?

Y/N: That was probably 2- 2.5 weeks ago now.

Doc: So, what effects are you having ?

Y/N: Occasionally, I'll have a spasm, and then my side goes numb.

Doc Martin: Do the effects last long ?

Y/N: No, the spasms maybe 15 seconds.

Doc Martin: And the Numbness?