Trouble in New Austin

You wake up the next morning with an empty space where Sadie once was. You get dressed and pull your boots on before making your way downstairs. You're greeted with the smell of a delicious breakfast and fresh coffee.

You notice Sadie sitting at the table eating breakfast. You walk over and place a kiss on top of her head.

Y/N: morning sunshine.

Sadie: Morning Y/N sleep well ?

Y/N: Other than your snoring, yes.

That eared you an elbow to the side.

Sadie scoffed.

Sadie: I don't snore.

Y/N: How would you know? You're asleep, remember.

Sadie: I still don't snore.

Y/N: If you say so, sweetheart.

You walk over to the stove and fill your plate with food and your cup with coffee. You walk back and sit next to Sadie.

Sadie: So what's the plan?

Y/N: i figure once Kieran and Uncle get back from town, we'll see how they got on, and if they found anything out, after that, we'll go pay our respects to Jake.

Sadie: When are we riding to New Austin ?

Y/N: I figure once we finish visiting Jake, we'll just catch a train to Armadillo.

Sadie: Don't you think our outfits will make us stand out on the train?

Y/N: We'll just wear normal clothes. Once we get near the Armadillo station, we'll go back to the horse car and change into our uniforms.

Sadie: sounds like a plan to me. So why Armadillo and not just go to Tumbleweed?

Y/N: Train doesn't run to Tumbleweed, and I know the Marshal in Armadillo, he can keep a secret plus he may be able to give us the low down on any and all gang activity.

Sadie: Speaking of keeping secrets, when are you planning to tell Pat and J.D. ?

Y/N: I wrote a letter. When we get to Armadillo, I'll mail it out.

You and Sadie finish your breakfast, and you bring your dishes to the sink and walk upstairs to change into clothes suitable for cold weather. Once you're both changed, you pack your things and walk out to the barn to ready your horses.

An hour later, you hear the wagon approaching.

You walk out to meet with Kieran and Uncle.

Y/N: How'd you fellers get on?

Kieran: Good, no problems whatsoever

Uncle: Seem's you lot are famous, though.

Sadie: What you mean?

Uncle pulls out a newspaper. You take the paper and look at the sketch. It depicts four riders in black and a rider in all white front and center. With the headline "Ghost's, new gang take over or vigilante justice"

Uncle: It seems someone couldn't keep their mouths shut.

Sadie: If it's in the papers here, chances are it's made its way to New Austin.

Y/N: Probably, but this changes nothing. Once the people down there see, we mean them no harm, and we're there to help. I see no issues, and besides, it's not like they actually know who we are.

By this time, Hosea had come over having caught the tail end of the conversation.

Hosea: You want my opinion?