Welcome home!

Sadie stood their shocked tears forming in her yes all she could get out was your name hardly above a whisper.

Sadie: Y/N

And with that she all but launched herself into your arms, you let out a groan but wrapped your arms around her in a tight embrace. Having heard your you groan Sadie took a step back as you held your hand over the area you'd been shot.

Sadie just looked up and down at you making sure this was real.

Sadie: how...I thought..

You walked over to her still holding your side you wrapped your free arm around her.

Y/N: shh shh it's ok Sadie, I'm alive everything will be ok.

By this time the rest of the gang recovered from their shock. The sudden impact around you legs let you know Jack had found his way through the crowed to you.

Jack: uncle Y/N I knew you'd come back!

You knelt down and embraced the boy.

Y/N: always Jack, and I see you've been handling things while I was gone.

Jack: yes sir I kept everyone safe!

Y/N: you sure did, I'm proud of you!

Jack: thanks uncle Y/N!

With that Jack ran off to play. You stood up and Abigail was next to approach and embrace you.

Abigail: welcome home Y/N

Y/N: thank you Abigail.

Leaning in you whispered

Y/N: and thank you from looking after my girl:

Abigail whispered back.

Abigail: it weren't nothing.

Y/N: all the same though, thank you.

Next to approach you was Arthur with his arm around Mary Beth.

Y/N: well well I guess I don't have to keep that secret anymore.

Sadie: you knew ?

Y/N: of course, I found the making googly eyes at each other long ago.

Everyone looked at the two couples noticing the blush make its way across Arthur and Mary Beth's cheeks.

Arthur was the first to wrap you in a hug causing you to both groan in pain

Mary Beth and Sadie just shook their heads.

Y/N: what happened to you ?

Arthur: O'Driscolls. What about you ?

Y/N: O'Driscolls.

Arthur: nasty business.

Y/N: sure is.

Mary Beth was the next to approach and embrace you.

Mary Beth: welcome back Y/N

Y/N: thanks Mary Beth, an my sympathies, I can't imagine it's easing dealing with that big oaf.

Arthur: I'm right here you know.

Y/N: I know. I also know how you are.

Arthur: fair enough.

Hosea was next to approach you.

Hosea: welcome back Y/N. We were all worried about you.

Arthur could be heard in the background "some more than others" Sadie turned a shot him a look that could kill, to which he just shrugged off.