The Legend Grows

Under the cover of darkness you and the rest of your gang arrive back at horseshoe overlook. Hosea takes control and starts getting everything set up. Pearson's wagon ends up back in the same place it was the first time he was there as do the various campfires and tents.

Y/N: alright everyone it's late, get some rest and we'll figure everything out in the morning.

The group nods and go to their various tents.

You and Sadie make your way to your tent.

Sadie: you know we can't stay here to long right.

Y/N: I don't intend to love, we just needed a place out of the way so we could get ourselves sorted.

Sadie: So any idea where we're heading to next ?

Y/N: oh I have an idea, however we may need to remove the current occupiers.

Sadie perked up.

Sadie: and who are the current occupiers?

Y/N: O'Driscolls.

Sadie: you sure that's a good idea ?

Y/N: Mrs. Adler are you scared?

You ask her in a teasing tone. Earning you a scoff in return.

Sadie: Hardly. I think most of have had a run in with them a time or two. You, me, Arthur.

Y/N: Exactly, we'll get some vengeance and a base of operation all at once.

Sadie: vengence huh? where's Y/N and what have you done with him?

You just chuckle

Y/N: you know for the first few days I asked myself that same thing.

Sadie: and did you find an answer?

Y/N: sure did.

Sadie: and are you going to bestow this wisdom on me or not.

Y/N: when I first got into this job I believed in letting the law handle the law, and don't get me wrong I still do.

Sadie: I sense there's a but coming.

You just nod

Y/N: but the law can only do so much, we have our own rules to bide by.

Sadie: otherwise you're no different that those you're chasing.

Y/N: Exactly. See I realized that ambush was a blessing and a curse. It woke me up in a way.

Sadie: what do you mean?

Y/N: it showed me that sure I can arrest colm for example, but all it takes is a crooked judge or a bought and paid for jury and he's out free to reign terror.

Sadie: that makes sense I suppose.

Y/N: now that as far as the governments concerned I'm dead, I'm not bound by law. I can do what needs to be done.

Sadie: you're walking a thin line though, just don't lose the true you.

Y/N: that's why I have you love, if I start to get out of control do what you need to do in order to bring me down a notch.

Sadie: oh trust me, I will.

You chuckle

Y/N: I have no doubt, but we should get some sleep, sun will be up in a few hours and we're going to need how to go from here.

Sadie leans over and kisses you goodnight.

THE NEXT MORNING