Howdy Texas

A few days later you and sadie were woken by the train jostling to a hault, looking out the window you noticed a sign "welcome to El Paso Texas" hanging above the statiom platform.

Y/N: Well, Sadie looks like we made it.

Sadie let out a grunt before she stood and approached the window before looking out for herself.

Sadie: sure does, I suppose we should get or gear and ride out then?

Y/N: unless you want to stay on this train and see where you end up that's probably a good idea.

Sadie: As tempting as that sounds we've got work to do.

Y/N: yes ma'am, you get yourself freshened up and grab your gear I'll go tend to the horses and get them ready.

With that you walk out of the cabin you and Sadie had been sharing making your way to the horse car. Once you arrive you saddle Sadie's horse and then attend to Bo.

Y/N: hey bo, bet you'll be glad to get off this train huh.

Bo let out a soft neigh as if he were answering you and gave you a slight shove on the shoulder.

Y/N: alright alright fair enough, let's get you saddled up and ready to go.

You pat Bo on the neck and give him a carrot before you saddle him up. By the time Bo is all saddled up sadie is approaching.

Sadie: Well you sure do work fast ?

Y/N: Yes ma'am fast and efficient although somethings I prefer to take my time.

With that remark you give sadie a wink and her cheeks redden almost instantly.

You and Sadie then grab your respective horses leads and walk them off the train car. Once outside and off the platform you inhale a deep breath and stretch your back and shoulders.

Y/N: as nice as those modern comforts are nothing can beat the feeling of being outdoors and fresh air.

Sadie: You mean you don't aspire to have your self one of them big fancy Saint Denis mansions, quite frankly I'm shocked.

Y/N: oh ha ha, I aspire that about as much as you do being one of those high society princesses fearing a broken nail.

Sadie let's out a chuckle.

Sadie: fair enough, so where we headed first ?

Y/N: the saloon and then the general store.

Sadie: the saloon?

Y/N: yes the saloon, I'm hungry.

Sadie: When aren't you hungry?

Y/N: after I eat of course.

That smart comment earns you a smack upside the head.

Sadie: Smart-ass.

Y/N: well you asked, come on lunch is on the government today.

Sadie: a girl could get used to that.

Y/N: out make no doubt about it, we have to justify our spending at the end of the year.

Sadie: just wait until the get the bill with all that dining you've been doing.

Y/N: well I'm not much use if I'm hungry. One stomach growl when I'm sneaking up on my suspect and boom game over.

Sadie: well we wouldn't want that now would we?

Y/N: No ma'am .

You and Sadie begin walking down the street looking between the various businesses and eating establishments.