Part 8: *cough* Demiromantic Rep *cough*

"You what!?" Alphys yelped, dropping the small device she'd been trying to put together since before Gaster had arrived at her house.

"Keep your voice down!" Gaster said in a hushed whisper, nodding the the kitchen, where Undyne could be heard rummaging around for a snack. She and Alphys had moved in together once they'd made it up to the surface.

"I..." Alphys looked completely stunned, "S-Sorry I just- y-you and the king...made out?"

"We didn't-" Gaster's face turned bright purple and he put one of his hands over his face to try and shield his embarrassment, "Don't say it like that, Alphys."

Alphys was starting to grin, "Well that's what it sounds like~" The dinosaur monster felt very proud of herself for managing not to stutter.

Gaster used one of his magically manifested hands to pick up the device Alphys had dropped, "I don't know what happened, and that's why I asked if I could come over to speak with you. I-I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. We agreed to talk, but I feel like if I see his face, I'll dust on the spot. That was incredibly inappropriate- H-He's the goddamn king! And I-"

"W-WingDings!" Alphys had rarely ever addressed Gaster with his first name, and it was enough to snap him out of his near panic attack, "H-He kissed you." She said, letting out a huff.

"And?" Gaster looked completely unfazed by her words.

"Oh Gaster." Alphys felt like her eyes would go backwards from how far she rolled them. For being one of the best scientist monsterkind had ever known, the Royal Scientist, and her mentor, W.D. Gaster could be the most oblivious monsters in certain situations. She'd known Gaster's social skills were shockingly horrible, which was saying something, given how her own could be, but honestly, it was like he'd never been exposed to romance in his life, even fictional. Alphys could've told stories for hours about all of the times she'd had to step in when Gaster began to struggle with other monsters, which may have been how their relationships of mentor and student and slowly become a nice friendship. It seemed now she'd have to not only give him more help socially, but teach him something that her many years of manga reading, fanfiction writing, and anime watching had taught her a long time ago.

"Gaster," Alphys said slowly, ensuring she had time to properly pronounce her words, "If someone kisses you, it's most likely because they have some form of romantic feelings for you." She knew that wasn't always the case, but Gaster didn't need to think about that while he was already strung out from his current anxiety.

"Alphys, I don't think- This isn't one of your romance stories."

"H-How many t-t-times did h-he send you flowers wh-when an experiment d-didn't work?" Alphys cocked an eyebrow, totally ready to make Gaster realize something that he really should have figured out years ago.

"He was just trying to cheer me up."

"How many t-times did he come to the lab just to," Alphy used air quote for this part, "'Check on how things were going.'"

"...stop-"

"A-And th-th-then there were those n-nights where you'd c-come in t-t-together."

"I happened to fall asleep at on his couch a few times during social visits." Gaster had purple covering most of his face now, and he was refusing to look Alphys in the eye, fidgeting with the device still in his hand, "That happens s-some when you go to a friend's house."

"How many s-social v-vists were there, Gaster?" Alphys crossed her arms, starring him down, receiving her answer when his voice seemed to fail him, "You t-two liked being a-around each other, and you still do. I had to wa-watch you two b-be around each other for years, and th-there were a few mo-moments where I s-s-seriously wondered i-if you two were secretly da-dating or something."