Friends - Chapter 18

Luz POV

When I got up it was around two in the afternoon. I guess I forgot to set my alarm. My hair was all messy and there was drool down my face. I mean I didn't care anyways. Amity was gone... and by the looks of it, she probably wasn't coming back any time soon. Now that I think about it... Amity made me. Before her, I have never known what to do with my life. I was just a nobody. She taught me kindness from time to time and even made me try to change as a person. I'm so fucking shitty... I used to fight people for no reason whatsoever and never tried to amount to anything... Now look at me, without her, I just feel like that shitty person again. Maybe I was just a nuisance to her... I probably distracted her from her studies and shit. I'm so lame.

As a few minutes passed of me wasting time with my life, someone opened the door. It was Hunter, Boscha, Gus, and Willow. They all walked in one at a time and I just laughed awkwardly. "I didn't know you guys were coming over." I said while looking out my window. Hunter walked up to me and sat down. "Were you crying?" he asked while looking at me with a straight face. Wow Hunter, you're so good at pointing out the obvious. Maybe if Vee were here she would've you know... comforted me?! "No shit sherlock. Can you blame me?" I laughed while wiping away a tear from my eye. Willow ruffled up my hair. "Luz, how can you sit here when your girlfriend is possibly leaving the state?" she scolded me. "What? Who told you that" I asked. "Eda told us at the front door." Gus laughed awkwardly. I sighed. Of course, she did. "She's not my girlfriend" I said in a cold tone. "Don't lie, we still know you love her" Boscha spoke while popping a piece of gum into her mouth.

"Shut up" I spoke, pulling my knees closer to my chest. Hunter smiled at me and wrapped his arm around my neck. "That's why your amazing brother and friends are here!" he hit his chest with pride and smiled. Huh? "We're going to sneak to her house tomorrow!" Gus yelled in excitement. "WE WILL BRING HER BACK!" he cried even louder. HUH?! "W-WOAH WOAH! THIS ISN'T A RECUSE MISSION!?" I yelled in confusion. "We literally don't care, you and my bestie are perfect for each other. We won't let her stupid mom affect this." Boscha smirked and clung to Willow. "Don't you think so Willie-Poo?" she spoke smiling. I almost choked on my spit laughing. "WILLIE-POO?!" I yelled in amusement. Willow gave me a death stare that sent chills up my spine. "Shut up" she looked away. "R-Roger sir!" I saluted her and she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Wasn't I like depressed a second ago? Now we're going to save Amity. What if she wants this?" I spoke. I really don't like that possibility but it could be correct. "I never thought of that" Hunter spoke while Gus was looking around my room for no reason at all. Willow sighed. "She doesn't," they said. "How do you know?" Hunter asked confused. "That girl never knows what she wants... but I can tell you that ever since Luz came into her life she's changed for the better." Willow continued "Even though I know that Amity doesn't know what she wants to do in her life... I know that it has to be with you Luz." Wills said while smiling. Is that true...? Willow never lies. That means that Amity never meant to be rude did she? Was she afraid of her mother? "Stop thinking and prepare for tomorrow." Gus frowned as everyone walked out of the room. Hunter stayed back and smiled. "I know this may not mean anything... but you know I love you, right sis?" he spoke and walked out the door. I smiled and sighed. We're coming Ames.

Amity POV, 7:45 PM

I was laying in bed, with nothing to do. How the hell am I grounded when I'm 17!? Mom even has my fucking phone. After a few moments of thinking someone opened the door. It was Alador, my father. Recently he has been trying to help me convince my mother to let me stay in New Jersey. "Hey mittens" he spoke while sitting down on my bed. "Hi." I whispered while sitting up to his level. He looked at me slightly concerned. "What's on your mind?" he asked. Am I that transparent? "Nothing much haha..." I awkwardly chuckled. "Have you eaten today?" he asked. Have I? "Yes father." I smiled and he returned it. "That's good Amity, I'm going to go try to make this plan work okay? I love you" he said while getting up. I simply nodded and waited for him to close and lock the door.

I was super bored. Fuck me. I miss Luz so goddamn much?! I wanna fucking hurt myself for not keeping this shit secret, how the hell did I screw that up! I got up from my bed and picked up my guitar from my closet. Maybe this will get my mind off stuff? I sat down and tuned the guitar. "Alright" I whispered and started to move my hands across the strings and started to sing. This was the song that Luz caught me singing that one time, I'll die anyway by girl in red. I might actually mean it this time though. Nah, just kidding. "I think back to when. Life was good I was content, but it's been so many years. I can't remember how it feels" I sang while thinking about how much these lyrics make sense to me, sometimes I feel like this song is about me. Well, I wish. I continued singing but I stopped when I heard something. Something I remember from a while ago... the faint sound of arguing.

I stood up and pressed my head against my door. I was right. "Alador! You know I can't let that happen. She's not allowed to stay in this state when she's around... those people!" Odalia yelled as I heard a crash. "Listen here Odalia! You fucking know my child has the right to her own life! You had freedom when you were a child, why can't she?" he yelled back. That's the first time I've seen my dad so mad before. I sighed and turned my lights off. I jumped into my bed and started crying. "I miss my friends." I whispered as I slowly drifted to sleep.