A phone call - Chapter 16

Luz POV

Ever since we came here this morning, King has been doing nothing but pestering us. I mean sure, I love the guy but... he can get a tad bit annoying. Luckily Eda came in the living-room to rescue us. "Woah, kid you came back! See I told you, she always comes back King" Eda laughed while jumping on the couch with the three of us. It wasn't that it was a small couch, it was rather huge. It was just a awkward set of people sitting on it. Eda hadn't even noticed Amity sitting there until she said something. "Eda Clawthorne?!" Amity yelled in a surprised tone. "Eh? That's my name kid!" Eda smiled Ames until her smile slowly faded into a slight frown. "What are you doing here? W-Well no disrespect, I just thought you were in jail or something..." Amity looked away in a awkward stance. "Ohhh! This is the Blight's kid... Aren't you supposed to be with your parent's or something." Eda said sternly.

Amity was about to open her mouth but she stopped. Did these two know each other? "Woah woah, Eda stop bullying my girlfriend alright?" I laughed and Eda just stood there shocked. "No way! Little Miss Perfect is dating my Luz! I mean I can't say I don't support you... but you of all people. Oh your parent's are gonna-" Amity stopped Eda and sighed. "I know... They don't know yet. So It'll be fine for now, I think" she rubbed her head. "Okay... so you know her parents or something?" I asked "Yep, we used to go to school together" Eda laughed. She got up and walked to Amity. She playfully bumped her shoulder. "Your mom was such a goody-two-shoes. We were basically enemies when we went to Hexside together." Eda smiled. Amity listened carefully and looked surprised. "What really?!" she yelled. "Yep! I think she had a crush on me. One time we were on the bus and she sat right next to me when the bus was literally EMPTY. So I pushed her out of the seat" Eda smiled. We just sat there dumbfounded. Hunter jumped out from the couch and literally gave us a heartattack. "Where the hell did you come from!?" I yelled at him.

"Huh? I've been here Lucia" Hunter looked confused. "Okay... Well I'm gonna head up to my room. Make sure King stays asleep." I smiled and walked up to my room. Amity looked at me with a 'Please don't leave me with them' look, I just smirked and simply walked away. She was definitely gonna kill me. I walked upstairs and unlocked my door. Onyx was sitting in the cage calmly until he saw me. "Onyx! It looks like they've been watching you good huh?" I smiled walking to the cage to let him out. When I did the bat flew out and started swarming me. "I missed you too buddy" I smiled and he flew onto my shoulder. I did a quick petting on his chin which made him do some weird birddish...? No cattish noises? Maybe a mix of both, bats are weird. I started to unpack some of my things. It wasn't much, my room already had a few things here.

When I finished Amity walked into my room. She stood frozen when she saw the bat perched in my hair. "Ames?" I asked confused. "Luz, you know there's a bat on your head right?" Amity asked in confusion. "Hmm? Yeah, this is my pet Onyx" I smiled petting his cat-like ears. "Isn't that like... illegal?" Amity walked over to me and moved a strand of hair out of my face. "Not if no one knows" I did a proud stance and stood like a complete idiot. Amity just laughed and pet Onyx. "He kinda reminds me of you" I put Onyx back into his cage with a blanket over and closed it. "Wow, rude Noceda" Amity sighed and sat on my bed. "Well... you're both cute and have the same eyes" I smiled walking closer and closer to her. Amity just stood still when she hit the wall. She blushed like a tomato when I pinned her to it. "Are you trying to seduce me Noceda~" Amity teased. I just love when she does that. "Not a change Blight" I winked and was leaning in to kiss her when her phone rang. "God dammit" I cursed under my breath. Amity stood there traumatized when she saw who was calling.

Who could get her so scared. "S-Sorry Luz, I got to take this okay?" Amity walked out the room before I could say anything. What was that about? I walked to the door and leaned close to it. I wanted to know what it was about... sorry Amity.

Amity POV

I stood outside and answered the call. What could she be wanting... does she know something? God I'm so scared. "Hello?" I answered. "Amity Blight." the other end said. This was bad... oh god this was bad. She said my full name. "Y-Yes mother?" I muttered. It took a while but she finally responded back after a few sighs. "Don't 'yes mother' me! I know what you've been doing Amity!" my mom yelled. "H-Huh?! What do you mean mother?" I spoke. Please... "That girl! The girl you've been sneaking places with! Those friend's that I've never approved of!" She yelled. Shit she knew! "M-Mom! I-" I stopped. "What were there names? Oh, Hunter, Gus, and Willow. I'm disappointed in you for being friends with her again. But worst of all, you're dating that Luz girl!" she yelled at me.

How did she... "What! I'm literally almost a adult! I can do what I want, you're not the fucking boss of me?" I snapped back. I realized I would live to regret that. Mom- no Odalia was shocked. "You're dropping out of Hexside." she spoke. What... "Huh...?" I whispered hoping that I didn't really hear that. "You're dropping out of Hexside and going to a more proper school. A #1 private school that is in California since you said you were 'In California'" she spoke. No... "But mom! I don't want-" I was interrupted again. "You're going to California. If you don't come home before midnight then you're never going to see your siblings nor friends even when you graduate. I'll make your life a living hell Mittens." Odalia said sinfully. "Yes mother." I whispered. "Good, now come home soon my dear. Also, make sure to break up with that... 'Luz' girl, will you?" Odalia smiled through the phone. "Of course mother" I spoke and hung up. I fell to the ground with tears running down my face... how did she know... what do I do... Shit. I'll never find happiness's. It was supposed to be like this huh. I started laughing not because this was funny, but because I can't control anything. I wanna kill myself. Seriously.

AN: A little sneak peak for you guys... 🤐 Shockers!

Do I feel bad for making a angst chapter? NO BECAUSE I'M EVIL HAHAHAHHA

Do I feel bad for making a angst chapter? NO BECAUSE I'M EVIL HAHAHAHHA. No seriously I literally cried making this.