Please don't go. - Chapter 17

Amity POV

I just came back from Connecticut... I just came back. This isn't fair. Why isn't my life fucking fair? All of a sudden Luz opened the door and I got up before I could wipe my tears away. "Amity..." she whispered. I stood there looking at the ground. I didn't say a word. "I heard everything." She spoke. Fuck this. "I'm sorry about your mom-" she said before I cut her off. "You have no clue what it's like." I whispered in a cold voice.

Luz POV

When Amity said that it sent shivers up my spine. She walked inside and grabbed her stuff. "Ames, please don't go." I grabbed her arm and pulled her close to me. Amity quickly let go and stared at the floor. I didn't know what her face looked like. She looked down the whole time. "We can fix this! I can get your mom's approval and we can eve-" I stopped when I heard her sniffling. "Luz. You have no idea, please just let me go." she said while looking at me with her teary eyes. It made me want to cry. Those golden eyes... they were shining their brightest right now. "W-Well I can help if you'd just..." I was cut off. "Oh my god!? You don't get it, do you? Leave me alone Luz! We're done okay!? We can't be together." Amity said in a strict tone. She covered her mouth quickly when I slightly opened mine. I stood there like a statue. Was this just a lie? No way. "Amity... Please." I spoke and reached out to hug her but she backed away.

"No... Luz. I'm sorry." she said. Amity opened the door and slammed it shut before I could even move an inch. "Hopefully we'll meet again in two years... or something, haha." Amity had a voice crack and awkwardly laughed. Even though she whispered I heard the whole sentence. Then I just stood there. Stood there like there was no tomorrow. I don't know what to do... Can I even do anything? I walked over to my bed and laid down on my pillow. The emotions just kicked in. It was really over wasn't it? "Fuck" I yelled into my pillow.

Amity POV

I was there. The Blight Manor. I thanked the maid who dropped me off and headed to the door. I never really liked expensive houses. I never really liked expensive anything. That's why I never got along with my mom, she's literally the human version of expensive. I knocked and after a minute or so Odalia opened the door. Maybe I should just call her that now? Odalia. Never really seemed like a person to call a mother anyways. "Awwww, Mittens! You finally decided to come back dear?" she hugged me and I gagged. I hate physical touch. From anyone except... never mind. "Not like I had a choice." I rolled my eyes and so did she. We both walked inside and I headed up to my room. "You're leaving in three days dear!" she yelled. Three days!? What the fuck!

I ran faster to my room and locked the door. Ugh, I just wanna... God, I just... shit. I jumped on my bed and grabbed my diary from my nightstand. I repeatedly hit my forehead with it and started tearing up... After my stupid temper tantrum, I sighed and looked at the ceiling of my room. I wish Edric and Emira were here. Hopefully, they come home soon.

I thought for even more and sighed. I started tearing up again. I miss Luz... Later on, someone knocked on the door. Assuming it was Odalia I got up and opened the door. "Mittens" they said. I looked surprised and gave them a confused look. "Dad?" I said. He ran up to me and hugged me. He never hugged me... honestly he was as bad as Odalia sometimes. "I'm so sorry..." he whispered. I stood there and didn't move. Do I hug him back? I hugged him back and we stood there for a while. "I'm sorry about your mother... she... she has a different way of doing things." he looked away scratching his hair. "If you mean taking away my friends and making me a workaholic then yeah, that's different" I awkwardly laughed and walked back to my bed. I sat down and father followed me and sat down too. "I guess... I've been trying to change dear. I really have." he said. 'Daddy issues' i laughed thinking about the song and continued listening to my father. "What was the girl's name? Eda's kid?" he asked. It threw me off a bit.

"Huh?" I asked confused. "That girl?" he asked again. "You mean Luz?" I spoke. Hopefully, he wasn't talking about Willow or something. "Yeah... I'm glad you two were dating. She changed you in a good way." he smiled. I stood there flabbergasted. Did he really just say that? "What, really?" I asked. "Mhm, I may have not told you but... Emira and Edric told me about her" he laughed. I squinted my eyes and sighed. Of course they did. "Yikes, that's embarrassing" I laughed and he returned it.

"Welp, Ames I'll find a way to get your mother to let you stay in New Jersey... but if you want to get back with your friends and your girlfriend... then you have to figure that out yourself okay love?" he gave me a cheesy smile and thumbs-up. He got up and headed to the door. "Dad!" I yelled. He turned around and gave me a confused look. "Thank you" I smiled. He nodded and left the room. Maybe he wasn't so bad. Damn, I could've had a cool dad this whole time! I looked at the time and sighed. 7:45 PM. I laid down on my bed and pulled my covers over me. I looked out the window and sighed. "Goodnight Luz." I whispered. A few seconds later I found myself dozing off.