All is quiet for a while as FirstAid injects him with the medicine before pulling the syringe out and after cleaning the needle off he plucks it out of the main part and puts it in a trash disposal under the table. "I will go tend to your Amica now, just rest and don't get off that berth, otherwise I will have to restrain you." The white and red swordsmech watches as the chief medical officer leaves his side to go tend to Hot Rod.

---

Drift saw darkness creeping into the corners of his optics and fear gripped his spark tightly, the pressure increasing on his chassis and the glass shattering, the sickle claw digging into his shoulder and he felt the warm energon come from his body and go down his scuffed and dented armor. The wires snapping under the pressure and from the sharp foreign object piercing the malleable metals and he felt the loss of feeling in the arm that had went missing and his whole shoulder droop. It was now completely disabled. 

The creature roared in his face but it sounded vaguely distant like he was under water back on Ka'Tire. The sharp jagged teeth of this hound enclose around his helm and he knew, he was going to offline as he felt the pressure...

He had accepted his fate however before the teeth could cause more than some tears in the metal it was thrown off him and he felt gravity take its' course and he fell to his knees, back sliding down the wall and staining it in energon as he collapsed onto his front ungracefully. Drift's vision was nearly completely black when he felt someone pick him up, holding him close to a fast rising and falling chassis, like someone was venting hard and with a little trouble Drift was able to restart his optics and he saw a mostly blurry white frame. Skyfire. 

The shuttle-former was covered in energon and deep gouges that exposed the delicacies underneath and in some cases the protoform and broken and sparking wiring. Some of the curved slashed metal was sizzling, most likely from the acidic saliva of the creature that had bitten into him. Skyfire truly was a brave one because it most likely felt like his insides were turning to molten metal. "Don't worry, Drift, I got you...and Magnus and Hot Rod are up on the roof getting an evac with Springer. You'll be okay." Was the last thing Drift heard before he fell into unconsciousness, seeing the reassuring smile on the white Cybertronian's faceplates.

Drift faded in and out of consciousness off and on, blurry colors entering and exiting his vision as he felt himself talking, asking about something. Most likely someone as he heard mechs talking in worried tones. Their auras were so bright and almost blinding to Drift who could feel their worry and panic. Whatever was going on around him was bad. Hot Rod...where was Hot Rod? Drift found himself thinking, blindly reaching out with his only good arm trying to grab onto his Amica. He wanted his Amica, he needed to feel that comforting presence of his best friend, to see the sun like aura of the captain. The mechs around him quickly tried to restrain him; however even in such a state he was incredibly strong and he fought against their hold, desperate to get to Hot Rod.

His Amica. 

His best friend since childhood.

Nevertheless in his weak state he was subdued and restrained against the medical berth underneath him and one mech above shouted something like 'sedate him' and with a quick poke into his neck he felt himself drifting again. Hot Rod...was he okay?

Drift regained consciousness for another brief moment some time later and he instinctively rolled onto his side and grabbed onto the body that was next to him. Drift knew that it was Hot Rod, that bright aura so unique to his Amica it was like drawing moths to a flame. It was such a relief to be holding his Amica in his arms, to feel that lifeforce through their Amica Endura bond. But Hot Rod was too cold. Far too cold and with a tightening of his arms, Drift felt himself suddenly just...click. It felt so weird to be connecting to Hot Rod's spirit and wrap around it but it felt nice. It felt wonderful, just like greeting an old friend after so long and Drift could feel tears roll down his faceplates in the physical world as he called out to Hot Rod through this new link.

Hot Rod responded in kind and Drift lead Hot Rod back. Away - far away from that darkness he had been drifting off to and Drift felt that 'click' end and he was back in his own body - which was wracked with silent sobs as he continued to hold onto his Amica.

That connection...it was so different to anything he had ever done before when practicing with his unique abilities. Drift couldn't say he hated it though having that connection to something so pure. Untainted. It was like a balm to his own childhood pains and he hadn't felt so nice in so very long. Drift nuzzled his faceplates into Hot Rod's neck cables, murmuring 'thank you's under his breath. Drift fell back into unconsciousness, not to wake up for another few weeks where he would wake to darkness and Hot Rod away from him.

---

It has been a week and Drift is allowed to sit up on his berth however he wasn't allowed to walk around yet. Drift, nevertheless, found a way to scoot his berth all the way over to Hot Rod so he could lay with him. He didn't want to lose his best friend - his Amica - and Drift just had this need to feel Hot Rod in his arms, to feel that warmth that Hot Rod always gave off that gave him immunity to extreme colds - that same warmth kept him from freezing at all. "Roddy..." Drift murmured as he wrapped his arms around his comatose friend. "Wake up...please. I'm so worried about you. I can't...I can't be without you Roddy." There was a strain on their bond and it was extremely upsetting. Furthermore it hurt. Like a tight squeeze that was slowly getting tighter; Drift wished he could make that sensation go away because it wasn't right. 

Like a snap, it was suddenly gone that left Drift breathless as Hot Rod mumbled softly, "Not so tight Drift..." Said mech shoots up into a sitting position as he looks down at the flame colored mech laying down who was opening up his optics. Those wonderful optics, those expressive optics were looking up at him - a little unfocused but just the same he was looking at him. Drift makes a soft keening noise causing Hot Rod's facial expression to soften as he lifted a servo up and placed it on Drift's cheek. "I'm here Drift...I'm here."

"Oh...Roddy...I was so worried about you. So so worried..." Drift lowers his helm until their foreheads were touching and Hot Rod's servo went from his cheek to the back of his white spiked helm and held him there tightly. "I know you were...I'm here now though. I'm not leaving ya anytime soon, my Amica."

Hearing Hot Rod calling Drift his Amica was reassuring, comforting and everything felt okay again. Everything was going to be okay because Hot Rod - his beloved best friend - was going to make a full recovery.

Their auras intertwined like an embrace like friends from across time reuniting.