ch: 1 Doin' time

Over a thousand!!! thank you everyone who has read this.

Harry's POV

          Harry sat under the covers of his small bed. He could hear a chorus of pig like snores through the wall, coming from Dudley's room. Harry was practicing magic, something he knew he shouldn't be doing, but what else was there to do? Hedwig wasn't allowed out her cage, his windows were barred, and his friends weren't answering his owls. Harry's anxiety peaked at the note of that. What if they were faking? What if they forgot him. He shook those thoughts away, cleared his mind, and again, produced the Lumos spell. That was the only one he could do without it making noise.

          Harry finally was bored of the magic and crept downstairs and locked away his magical belongings. He stealthily got back into bed and closed his eyes, and not even a second later he was met with, "Cousin! Wake up!!" Dudley screamed. Harry did as he was told, and went to cook breakfast.

Draco's POV

          "What if he realized he doesn't like me?" Draco cried to his mother and his favorite house elf, Dobby.

         "Don't worry, Draco. He is a Slytherin just like you, if he saw anything bad, he would probably justify it." Narcissa Malfoy tried to calm her son, wary of the way he paced and his red face. "Please can you just put on the dress robes? We are meeting up with the Zabini's before we apparate to Parkinson Manor."

          Draco perked up slightly at the sound of his second best friend's last name, but only enough for him to momentarily forget that Harry hadn't been responding to his letters. Reluctantly, he shoved on the fancy clothing, trying not to attract wrinkles. Lucius Malfoy stepped into the room. "Draco, don't forget to stay away from any of those Mudbloods at that school." Draco cringed internally at the word, he was trying not to say it as much, to stay on Harry's good side. "You know about the attacks, and you know what will happened if you say anything."

          "Yes Father." Then he was left alone to put on his dress robes and think of a way to warn his friends indirectly. Then he noticed that Dobby was no longer in the corner.

Harry POV

         "I'll be in my room, making no noise, pretending that i don't exist." Harry looked tired. He felt tired. He had been going over that drill all week. Vernon nodded, satisfied, before scurrying to the door as it rang. Harry quietly walked to his room and closed the door.

         On Harry's bed, was a small creature in a pillow case, with big floppy ears and tennis ball eyes. "Oh, Harry Potter." Harry jumped, startled. How did it know his name? "I is Dobby the house elf, and i have come to warn Harry Potter. Harry Potter must not go to Hogwarts."

         Harry looked at the creature before nodding and offering it a seat. The thing started bawling. "I have heard of Harry Potter's greatness but never haves i thoughts Harry Potter would treat a house elf as a equal."

          "You aren't treated equally?" Harry asked.

           "I shouldn't say that about my master." Dobby cried, before hitting himself with a lamp repeatedly.

          "Dobby, Dobby. It's ok." Harry rushed over to him, trying to get him to stop harming himself, and to keep the noise down. "Dobby, I have to go to Hogwarts. All of my friends are there."

           "Friends who don't write to Harry Potter?" Dobby quizzed. Harry looked at him confused, how did he know that no letters had arrived. Dobby realized his mistake. "Harry Potter mustn't get mad. But Dobby thought if Harry Potter didn't get letters from his friends, he wouldn't want to go to Hogwarts." Dobby then produced a pile of letters from his back. Harry could see the hand writings of his friends.

          "Dobby." Harry growled, all this time he was scared for nothing. "Give me those letters."

          "If Harry Potter promises not to go to Hogwarts."

          "I- I can't." Dobby frowned at Harry's words, shrugged before running out the door. 'Crud.' Harry thought, before running after him. 

         Downstairs, Vernon almost had a wrap on the deal, it was all going so well. He and the Masons were getting on great. Harry begged Dobby to go back to the room, so they could talk about it. "Harry Potter must swear he will not go back to Hogwarts."

           "But Hogwarts is my home." Harry begged. Dobby snapped and the cake Petunia had backed earlier started to float. Harry tried to catch it with no success. The Dursleys could see him struggling with the cake, but to them it look like he was doing it. Dobby repeated the request one last time, and when Harry told him no, the cake dropped. Onto Mr. Mason's head. 

           "I'm so sorry. That's our Nephew, we were trying to- hide him. He's mentally unstable, you know." Vernon apologized again and again as the Masons left. "BOY!" He screeched once they left, "You are never going to that damned school again!" Then Harry was sent to bed. When he got there, he saw the letters on his bed, and Dobby was gone. Vernon had put all of Harry's school supplies in Harry's wardrobe and then put five locks on it. (stupid muggle man)

            A few hours later, Harry saw two bright light shine through his window. He got up and checked to see what they were. He then saw a car. A flying car. Inside of it were three red heads. Ron, and his two brothers Fred and George. They had attached a chain to the bars Vernon put on his window. They started to drive and pulled off the chains, the window flying open and alerting Harry's previously sleeping aunt and uncle. "Hiya Harry. Happy birthday." 

          They had to work quick to get all the stuff in the car, using a simple Alohomora to unlock the locks. "He's escaping." Vernon roared, the floor trembling as he ran to Harry's room. Just as he reached the window, Harry was in the car. The big man lunged, but missed and fell right into his wife's rose bush.