9. Before the Game

Harry woke up when he felt rustling beside him. His eye cracked opened and saw a fluff of bright blonde hair. Harry was acutely aware that he was laying over the blankets, and shivering. He checked the time. 40 minutes until they had to actually get up. He decided he'd get in his own bunk, so they wouldn't be cramped on the one they occupied. Harry attempted to get up and stand and walk, but quickly slipped on the stone floor, falling onto his butt. A mumble came from under the covers behind him. Harry looked back, scared that he woke his friend. 

          Finally, he was able to get into his own bed and try to get warm, but it seemed as soon as he flopped on the bed, the alarm to get ready went off. Harry let out a loud groan in frustration. Blaise and Theo woke up and started getting ready with Harry soon after. "Shouldn't we wake up Malfoy?" Blaise asked, a little scared, "He gets really grumpy when he over sleeps..... and under sleeps, and sleeps normally." He added.

          "Draco'll be fine, he needs some extra sleep anyways, I don't want him falling asleep during my first quidditch match." Harry said 'Quidditch' just loud enough that he was sure Draco could hear, and sure enough, the blond skidded into the room, panting.

          "Were you going to leave here while you had your first quidditch game?!" He somewhat shrieked.

          "Nah, I knew you'd wake up in time." Harry shot him a mischievous grin.

          "Ugh, lets just get ready and go to breakfast. I'm starving."

           "We are, Draco. We just have to quickly get Hermione and Ron." Harry reminded. Draco shrugged and started getting ready for the day.

          The four boys, finally dressed after Harry decide to accidentally spill water on the three boys, which lead to some chasing. Harry told Theodore and Blaise that they'd see them later, before hooking his arm through Draco's and going in a different direction to find the two Gryffindors. They found them arguing over who to root for during the game.

          "But Harry is our friend, Ron." Hermione protested.

          "Yeah, and if he wins we can congratulate him, but we are Gryffindors, Hermione, they're gonna think we're mad if we root for Slytherins." Ron crossed his arms.

           "What's wrong with Slytherins, Ronald?" Harry's voice caused Ron to jump five feet in the air.

           "Nothing, mate. Just we don't know if we root for you, or for our house."

           "Root for both. Make a sign that says 'Go Gryffindor!' and 'Go Harry' in green in a corner." Harry said like it was obvious. Ron and Hermione made a sound of an 'oh'. Harry frowned at his and Draco's adjoined arms. "I only have two arms..... How am I supposed to drag all of you if I don't have three?"

            " There is a reason," Draco said slowly, unraveling his arm and got into a position where he could easily run away. "that you aren't a Ravenclaw." Harry gasped at the obvious insult. The blond sprinted. 

            "I'm gonna kill him." Harry growled before speeding off after Draco, with Ron and Hermione snickering and walking behind them. Harry chased Draco to the Great Hall. Draco was so close, if he could just-, Draco was tackled to the ground. Harry pinned him, his signature grin replaced with a scowl. "You have five seconds to take it back."

            "Fine! I'm sorry I said you were an idiot." Draco said, eyes closing in case he said something wrong, but apparently, he didn't and he felt the weight of Harry leave. He cracked an eye open to see Harry offer him a hand. Draco took it, getting up. 

            "You two are insane." Hermione sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose for a moment, the gabbing all the boys' hands and dragging them into the Great Hall, and automatically went to Gryffindor table, before Harry coughed, causing to quickly apologize and let the two Slytherins go to their own table.

            "You have to eat as much as you can, understand? I don't like the fact that you barely eat anything anyways, but you have to eat if you're gonna have enough energy to catch the Golden Snitch." Draco mothered Harry, making sure he had enough on his plate. The owls suddenly gave sharp hoots, calling to the students to clear the runway. Hedwig, with the help of two other owls, hauled a BROOM LOOKING  parcel to Harry, who gasped, and opened the package. The broom read, NIMBUS 2000. "Wow!" Draco exclaimed. "Who got you a whole broom?!" Harry shrugged. He didn't know.

            He looked up at the Faculty table, and saw Snape, McGonagall, and Hagrid share a look, and knew they were involved. Harry stared at the broom in awe. somewhere from down the Slytherin table, Blaise yelled, "Ya see that, Gryffindorks? Potter's got himself a Nimbus 2000. Which one of you has one of those, hmm?" Grumbles came from the Gryffindor, and cheers came from the Slytherins.

           "I'm a little nervous, though." Harry whispered to Draco, which was hard to hear because of the commotion.

          "You'll be fine, Harry. And if you do get nervous, look for me, and I'll give you a thumbs up to make you feel better, ok?" Draco soothed quietly. Harry nodded, taking deep breaths.

           After the whole scene was over the Quidditch teams were called to get ready. Harry looked at Draco, who grinned back, and left. In the locker rooms, everyone wished Harry good luck, telling him he'd be awesome. Harry changed into his outfit, the green matching his eyes. A horn sounded in the distance. Harry grabbed his broom and went onto the field.

          The crowd cheered wildly, but was drowned out by the pounding in Harry's ears. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. When he opened them, he felt a little bit better. He watched Madam Hooch throw up the quaffle. It was time. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

:)