8. Halloween

Harry and his friends were preparing for a test, on that cold fall day. "I mean really, it's Halloween, why would they give us a test?!" Ron complained.

          "Because some of you need it." Said Draco and Hermione, they were the top of all their classes so they were tutoring the two other boys.

          "So what, can't it be after Halloween." Ron continued to complain as he and Harry balanced studying and an intense game of wizard chess. The bell rung, time for class. 

         After the long test with Professor Flitwick, he started to teach levitation. "Swish and Flick class." Ron and Hermione were a pair and Harry was paired with Seamus, who Harry already knew was going to somehow blow up the poor feather. Ron said the incantation then aggressively waved the wand. Hermione rolled her eyes.

          "You're saying it and doing it wrong, Ron." She stated, Ron rolled his eyes and grumbled. "It's Wingardium  Leviosa, not Wingardium Leviosar."

            "Alright the YOU do it." Ron huffed. Hermione said the incant and watched as the white feather flew up into the air gracefully. At the same time, Seamus' feather blew up in his face. 

          "It's Leviosa not Leviosar. Really, this is why she doesn't have any friends." Ron said to the other Gryffindor boys he shared his dorm with and Harry as they walked across the yard. Hermione pushed pass the group in that moment, tears threatening to spill out her big brown eyes.

          "I think she heard you." Harry said, like the oblivious 11 year old boy he was.

          It was dinner time now and Hermione still wasn't back. Draco had been informed of the matter and he properly scolded Ron. The Jack-o-Lanterns that the first years had made in Herbology were floating in the air, each with a different grin glowing bright. The Great Hall was filled with all types of delicious seasonal food, when Professor Quirrell ran into the Great Hall, the blood drained from his already pale face. "TROLL- IN THE DUNGEON! j-just thought you ought to know." a weak smile flashed upon his face before he fell down, passing out. The Hall was in chaos, especially the Slytherins who lived in the dungeons.

          "Calm down everyone. Prefects take you houses back to their common rooms. Professors, with me. No one is to leave their houses." Dumbledore spoke.

          "Hermione." Harry whispered, panicky to Draco and Ron, "She doesn't know about the troll. We have to go save her." The other two boys agreed. They had heard someone mention her going to the third floor bathroom, so that's where they started to go, but faltered when they saw the troll go in there. They then heard Hermione's scream. Without thinking Harry rushed into the girls bathroom, and saw a horrifying sight. Hermione was cornered under the sink. The two others ran in behind him.

          "Hey!" Ron shouted, like a true Gryffindor, "Over here!" The troll swung his ugly head around and looked at two boys, and just as he did Harry launched himself onto the big brutes shoulders. Harry stuck his wand up the troll's nose in desperation. The troll let go off the big club he apparently had been holding but had thankfully not used. Ron did the first thing he could think of, he aimed his wand at the club. Hermione mouthed, 'swish and flick' "Wingardium Leviosa!" The club rose, and with Ron's guidance, it fell on the troll's head. 

          "Woah!" Harry exclaimed as the troll came crashing down. He pulled his wand out of the trolls nose, his own was scrunched with disgust, Draco ran up to his side, making sure he was ok and apologizing for not being a big help. The troll was out cold, drooling on the floor. The professors then rushed in, probably due to the loud crash.

          "Explain yourselves." McGonagall's thick accent was easy to recognize.

           "Well you see-" Harry started but was cut off by Hermione of all people. "It's my fault Professor. I read about these types of trolls and thought i could handle it but obviously i couldn't. If it weren't for them three, there's a good chance that I'd be dead right now."

         "Well then 10 points from Gryffindor." McGonagall decided, "and 10 to each of you." Harry's suddenly fell on a mysterious gash on Professor Snape's leg, before he immediately covered it, glaring at the boy. "Off to bed, all four of you." Professor McGonagall instructed, which the four obliged to.

          "Did you see that?" Harry asked. "Snape had bite marks, i bet it was from that dog."

          "Let's worry about that later." Draco told Harry, "I'm exhausted." They bid the Gryffindors good night and then found themselves in them same bed again, too tired to even care, though Harry did when he got kicked off the bed for the fifth time so he moved to his own bed, only to go right back because of a muggle nightmare. Even when he tried he couldn't help but stay close to the little Malfoy.

Q: FAVORITE SONG?

A: DIAMONDS BY SAM SMITH, OR SOMETHING BY MELANIE MARTINEZ 

this chapter was published after multiple chapters so if you are already passed this chapter you don't really have to read it.