Our Time Together

Start from the beginning

---

Drift found himself in a crowd looking up at the walkway slash platform that attached itself to the shuttle that had just landed and Hot Rod was bouncing beside him unable to contain his excitement as a golden servo rested on the swordsmech's shoulder as he craned his helm this way and that trying to get a better look. "Roddy calm down, they haven't even announced that they're good to go to leave the ship." Drift said, amused, as he tried to calm his overly hyper childhood friend. "I know! I know but I can't help but be excited you know? This is the first time in so long we got new blood on this planet." Drift rolls his optics at this and turned his attention back to the platform.

The announcement comes and goes and the ship's hatch begins to lower and Hot Rod and Drift both held their breaths, just like everyone else as it fully opened and a Cybertronian steps out. He was tall, broad shouldered and primarily a deep blue color with red accents with steely blue optics. "Eh?" Hot Rod muttered, recoiling slightly. "That's it? Just one-"

"Shhhh." Drift placed a finger over Hot Rod's lip plates and gestured with his other servo to the ramp, showing that more Cybertronians were stepping out and the flame colored mech's optics brightened with curiosity. Drift lowers his finger as suddenly the crowd of both Cybertronians and other species begin to talk loudly in excited voices, making the big blue mech clearly uncomfortable but he was putting up a good front.

---

Drift slowly came to, finding himself staring up at a white ceiling that he was semi-familiar with seeing. He doesn't move immediately, just laying there as he collected his thoughts. I don't sense anyone else in the room with me. And I will have to give FirstAid my thanks for keeping the lights dimmed for when I woke up. The swordsmech thought as he turned his helm to the left and looked into the empty room that was extremely clean. A habit FirstAid picked up from Ratchet when the young medic trained under the famous Autobot during the war. FirstAid often talked about wanting to be just as great as a medic Ratchet was but there were things that he was admittedly still learning even after such a long time training under the greatest medic to have lived in Cybertron's history.

Honestly, they were lucky to have a mech such as FirstAid on the Lost Light with them and was teaching Ambulon and Pharma Ratchet's techniques.

The currently berth-bound Cybertronian lets out a soft sigh before he suddenly jerks into a sitting position and his optics scan the room before he finds Hot Rod not too far from him, hooked up to various machines and laying on his back and unconscious and Drift felt himself relax again. He's okay...Hot Rod's okay. Came the relieved thought that kept repeating in his processor as he slowly lays back down on the medical berth, able to rest easier knowing that Hot Rod was going to be okay. But how did I get back to the ship? Last I remember was being pinned with my chassis being slowly caved in by one of those things' paws. He raises up a dark colored servo and covers his optics as his processor felt like it was going a mile a minute trying to recover lost memories but the files were all corrupt.

I'm just going in circles now. Drift thought with a scoff. Nevertheless he tried to at least uncorrupt some of the files but they refused to be fixed as he ran internal diagnostics and his energon levels were pretty low but not dangerously. Checking the time he found that it was only 1:10am, middle of the night then. 

Closing his optics he decided to get some more rest, planning on talking to FirstAid when he woke up again at a more appropriate time of day...

---

Hot Rod was completely smashed.

Like, COMPLETELY overcharged.

Drift felt secondhand embarrassment as he tried to hide in a corner as his best friend and recently made Amica made a fool of himself dancing and singing on one of the tables while he held a cube of high grade energon. I wish I was back at our habsuite right now just watching holovids... Drift thought mournfully, holding his own cube that was barely touched after seeing his Amica totally off his rockers because of the stuff. The reason for the party in the dorms? They were celebrating with a bunch of other classmates over the end of year exams that they passed. Next year would be all of their final year and this was just an early celebration.

Though Drift absolutely hated the party. Too many overcharged mechs and femmes all being way too loud and all so close together. The white and red colored mech could feel the condensation on his armor and could feel how heated the room was and he didn't like it. Hot Rod may have loved this kind of atmosphere but he sure didn't.

"Heeeeey you~" A femme came stumbling over to him, giggling like a new-spark with a sloshing cube and a flirtatious grin on her dark colored faceplates. Her frame was a speed type, wide hips with a super tiny middle and chassis and broad shoulders. Her colors were primarily yellow with green accents, a more rounded helm greeted him way too close to his face. Her optics were a more ruby-ish red color and Drift frowns a bit. 

"Can I help you?"

The femme purrs and throws what one would call a stick arm around his shoulders. "I think you could, sweetspark~" Despite himself Drift felt himself blush at being called sweetspark. He couldn't remember a time someone had called him that back at the orphanage and Hot Rod's creators never called him that. When he was little he saw the caretakers call all the other orphans 'sweetspark' or 'dear spark' and it always made him feel left out and now hearing someone call him that - even if she was overcharged to the point he knew she wouldn't remember anything - felt really nice to him. "Y'know I always thought ya were a bit of a geek...but I like geeks~ You're really cute~" She rambled to him, tripping over her own tiny pedes even while standing still and Drift had to marvel at how she managed such a feat.

"Maybe we could go back to my dorm room and we could have some fun, y'know?" She purred and Drift felt his engine stall as he froze in place. Was she serious about the offer or was she just overcharged? If he went back with her what would happen? Drift looks down shyly, still blushing as he toyed with his energon cube unsurely. Apparently he was taking too long as she grabbed his wrist with a surprisingly strong grip in her own tiny servo and he instantly looks up at her and her lip plates met his in a kiss.

It felt like everything stopped as he stared at her with wide blue optics. He could taste the high-grade in her intake, the bittersweet taste and he could smell it too coming off her and his tanks churn in disgust as he gently places a servo on her shoulder and gently pushes her away. Her bright red optics even brighter as her glossa ran over her lips and Drift feels a shudder, frame heated slightly despite himself. "I-I'm sorry...b-but maybe when you're not overcharged?" He tried to peacefully decline as he lowered his dark colored servo and looked back to the table Hot Rod had been dancing on but didn't find him on it anymore.

"Hey Drift!" Hot Rod suddenly shouted from right behind him, causing Drift to jump and spill some of the high grade in his cube as he whirls around to look at his Amica. "Roddy! Don't scare me like that! Honestly, what is with you and wanting to give me a spark-attack?" His Amica just laughs and wraps an arm around Drift's shoulders, holding a near empty cube in his free servo. "Hey, wanna go outside?"

"Uh...sure?" The white and red swordsmech replied and Hot Rod's faceplates practically glowed in happiness as he drags Drift out of the room, leaving behind a confused and miffed femme but that was the last thing on Drift's processor as he followed his best friend down the halls and down flights and stairs and out of the building as they held servos. His servo feels really warm... Drift thought and the air outside felt good on his frame, the moisture drying and no longer uncomfortable on his frame.

"Th-thanks Roddy for getting me out of there."
"Was she good?"

Drift blinks as he turns to look at the flame colored Cybertronian with surprise. "Excuse me?" Hot Rod takes a moment before he repeats his question, "Was she a good kisser?" It takes less than a second for Drift's faceplates to glow with blush as he looks away. "Not really. But then again I've never kissed anyone." It's silent between them as they enjoyed the silence of the night. It was mostly cloudy that night and no moonlight could be seen but that was okay, they didn't need it. Hot Rod never let go of his servo as he turned to Drift...