𝖝𝖛. stay gold

XV: Stay Gold

Track Fifteen: Stay Gold, First Aid Kit

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

 Circe's bright burning anger had dissipated almost completely, turning into a slow lull in her chest. She fell gently into step with her new routine, spending her time gazing over books with Hermione and eating lots of sweets during her late-night kitchen rendezvous with Harry. It had been nearly two weeks since the first task and each Gryffindor had found that Circe's company when not under the duress of Harry's impending doom, was extremely enjoyable.

Harry and Ron had gone off to scavenge for some spare bottles of butterbeer for their cram session. Nearly every Hogwarts student was eagerly anticipating the yule ball and thus, for the first time in many of their academic careers, they were hoping to get studying for exams done early. Which was a first indeed for Circe, who was nursing a rather large headache after spending the last few hours staring at a pile of charms book. The words were beginning to bleed together and she started to wonder whether this was really worth it. She slumped onto the table with a flop and let out a dramatic groan.

Hermione shuffled her papers, smacking Circe hard on the head. She lifted her head up, scowling. Hermione smirked.

"Exams are coming up, you know?"

Circe rolled her eyes, ever since the start of December, Hermione had been thinking, eating, sleeping, and breathing examination prep.

"No actually, I didn't. Thank you for the refresher." Circe's head lolled lazily onto her hand, absentmindedly levitating the stack of papers in front of her. She focused in, watching the parchment flutter up and down.

A voice startled her, sending the papers flying. "Thank Merlin for Fred and George! We've finally broken into their emergency stash of party supplies." said, Harry.

"Can you believe they wouldn't tell their own brother? Harry and I had to scavenge half the common room before we saw the bottles poking out of a See-Me-Not charm underneath the settee." Ron was looking cross, his cheeks flushed in annoyance.

Harry waved him off, in good spirits after their study break. "Well we've found it now, we'll just have to blame some second years and they won't suspect a thing."

Hermione began to look annoyed with all of them, Circe couldn't tell if she was actually practicing her Transfiguration incantations or if she was attempting to put a curse on the three of them.

Noticing Hermione's vexation, Harry pulled out the seat next to Circe and began diligently filing away his History of Magic notes.

Circe had a cheeky look about her, Harry watched as she began reciting a transfiguration incantation herself. She was still balancing the paper with her wand whilst following the wand motions demonstrated in the book she was studying.