𝖛𝖎𝖎. goblet ablaze

VII: GOBLET ABLAZE

Track Seven: Mrs Magic, Strawberry Guy

  Hermione's face was blank, but her words carried with an edge of disapproval  "What do you mean you aren't going to tell her? She's your niece, she should know." Sirius shook his head, saddened by the turn of this conversation "Regulus hadn't been my brother for a long time before his death besides, I wouldn't want to endanger Nymphadora and Ted's position at the Ministry, imposing on them would be the only true crime I've committed in the last fourteen years." Harry looked between his Godfather and his best friend, nodding his head along with Sirius "He's right Hermione, as of right now distance is the best gift he can give her." Sirius looked on at Harry, a sparkle of reminiscence in his eyes as he ruffled his Godson's hair, leading the trio out of his cave. He thanked the three teens for their kindness and food, apologizing again for the condition of his current living arrangements. As they trekked back over the hill to Hogsmede, all Sirius could see was the ghost of his best friend traveling farther and farther away, and the ghost of his brother shaking his head. 

✹✹✹

Circe and Emrys were restless throughout their classes all day, Circe made sure to arrive early to most classes (Even Professor Binns raised his eyebrows) in order to snag the window seat, only to float notes to Emrys via the windows for the entire class. She was thankful that she didn't have Defense Against the Dark Arts this week, she'd been hearing some horror stories from other students' experiences with the unforgivable curses. Not to mention his creepy eye. The two had been waiting in anticipation all week after seeing the poster announcing the other school's arrival on Friday. Now that it was Friday, their anticipation intensified and they could hardly contain their bubbling excitement. The student's usual ninety-minute potions class had been cut to only sixty minutes and forty-five of those consisted of Emrys and Circe excitedly gossiping, not particularly caring where their toxic potions supplies landed this, unfortunately, led to them getting a T(roll) on their assignment and an added two scrolls of homework. Snape looked just as miserable per usual and Circe was just glad not to have a detention with him. Her last Snape detention was a horrifyingly slow four hours of sorting various twigs and leaves. 

She was so thankful when the bells rang, Emrys and Circe ran straight for the great hall doors in an effort to get the closest view as possible. They began excitedly talking about the possibilities for the rest of the year. The heads of houses were on edge today, and the duo was told to shush by multiple teachers. The students were soon herded onto the greenery of the Hogwarts lawn. They were unsure of what to expect, but Circe had overheard students suggesting that they could be arriving on brooms. This made her scowl. After a while, the first years had started plucking strands of grass and stomping on each other's hands, and frankly, Circe was getting annoyed at the amount of time the other schools were taking as well. She looked around at the other clearly bored teenagers and a certain bushy-haired Gryffindor with a clipboard caught her eye. Now, Circe knew what it felt like to be standing around with a petition with no one paying the slightest notice to you. One too many days at the Ministry advocating for anti-broom legislation and you begin to feel sorry for every other poor soul out there asking for signatures. Thus, obligation brought her over to the girl in red and gold robes, having forgotten the incident from the Hogsmede carriage. Circe observed the Gryffindor's oddly shaped moving pin fastened onto her shirt and watched as her eyes grew larger in excitement at the prospect of a signature, glancing at the girl's empty signature log book.