Prologue

''It's been so long, Taeju. I thought I should say hi,'' Gangjae smirks and then slits the throat of the guy he has hold on to. The body collapses with the ground and a puddle of dark, red blood pools forms around him. Blood spatters are all over Gangjae's face, but he doesn't care to wipe it. It's a terrifying scene.

I hold my hand over my mouth trying to not make a sound as I witness the bloodbath in front of me. I see multiple dead bodies on the ground, many men are badly wounded. Cowering beneath a desk, my knees pressed tightly against my chest, I find myself in a state of terror. Just twenty minutes ago, I had innocently ventured to the gym, delivering food to the members, and now I'm forced to hide, bearing witness to the savage brutality inflicted upon them by Gangjae and his ruthless group.

Three years ago, in this very gym, I first crossed paths with Gangjae. I had just started my job at the cafe and had no idea that the boss and members of Dongcheun frequented this place. Every week, I would return to the gym, delivering their food and engaging in conversations with Gangjae. We never considered ourselves close friends, but there was a certain connection between us.

Then, one day, as I arrived with a batch of tteobokki, I noticed Gangjae's absence. Another member informed me that he had been expelled from the group for attempting to assault a fellow member, a female member. It seemed like justice had been served, and I assumed I would never see him again. Yet, here we stand, reunited in this very gym, where memories of our encounters still linger.

''You asshole,'' Taeju breaths hard. ''Do you really think--''

'' Hey! Don't be mean,'' Gangjae interrupts him. ''Aren't you glad I'm home?'' a devilish smirk appears on his face. He is enjoying this. He bends over and grabs one of Taeju's guys by it's hair.

''Stop it!'' Taeju steps forward but one of Gangjae's man kicks him in his back and he falls onto his knees, a knife is held against his throat.

Gangjae releases the man and squats across from Taeju. ''Kill me if you want.. That's how you look'' he laughs. ''But I don't want to do it, so calm the fuck down''

''Your face, leg, arm. Choose which one, I'll slice you,'' but Taeju isn't responding to his request and then with one hand Gangjae grabs Taeju by his neck, pulling his face closer to his. ''It's typical. I couldn't choose,'' pointing to the scar on his face.

Gangjae swings his knife and hits Taeju's arm, the blade is so sharp it easily slices through his delicate skin, hitting the bone. Taeju lets out a pained grunt, causing a startled yelp to escape my lips as I witness the sight. The sound catches Gangjae's attention, and in that moment, our eyes meet. The expression on his face sends shivers down my spine.

"Hana, sweetie, what a surprise to find you here," his voice, filled with a disturbing timidity, sends chills down my spine. In an instant, Gangjae lunges forward, grabbing hold of my ankle and forcefully pulling me towards him. Reacting on instinct, a surge of adrenaline coursing through me, I summon all my strength and lift my leg, delivering a powerful kick to his stomach. He grunts in pain and releases his grip on my ankle.

Summoning my courage, I seize the opportunity and rise to my feet, only to be abruptly yanked back by my hair. "You bitch!" Gangjae chuckles sinisterly, pressing a kiss upon my head, as he pulls me tightly against him. The nauseating combination of alcohol and cologne fills my senses, causing me to gag.

Desperately, I fight against his grip, my voice trembling. "D-don't touch me," I manage to stammer, asserting my boundaries with every ounce of strength I can muster.

"You just made my day," his lips brushes against my ear. "Taeju let's make a deal. I won't kill more of your men-" he pauses and looks around. Proud of the dead bodies laying around. "Instead, I'll take Hana,"

"No, let go of her," Taeju breaths through his teeth, he is struggling to keep consciousness due the blood loss he suffered from his cut.

"Hm. I can take all your men's life and take Hana," his grip around my hair tightness, a burning sensation hits my body and I whimper in pain.

"I'll go, just stop hurting people," I mumble.

"Good girl," he whispers softly in my ear. He gives me a push and one of his men catches me. "Take her to my car and don't let her escape,"

"No, Hana, don't!" Taeju yells as I am pulled away from the scene. His screams fade in the distance.

Forcefully pushed from the gym, I find myself greeted by the midnight wind in the desolate parking lot. An ominous black Mercedes glides toward us, and I'm shoved into the backseat. The door slams shut with a resounding thud, followed by a definitive click, signaling my entrapment. My trembling hand instinctively grasps the door handle, but it stubbornly refuses to yield, confirming my worst fears. Tears stream down my face. Yet, amidst the torrent, I cling to a fragile reassurance: Gangjae wouldn't harm me. I attempt to calm my racing mind with this feeble solace.

"Don't cry sweetie. We are going to have so much fun," Gangjae sits next to me and the engine starts.

I move my gaze, but Gangjae forcibly grasps my chin, redirecting my head to face him. Reluctantly, I meet his eyes, taking in the stark transformation that has altered his appearance since our last encounter. His once-brunette hair now bleached blonde, intricate tattoos adorning his face and neck, but it's the prominent scar stretching from his nose to the right side of his cheek that captures my attention.

"Rule number one," he hisses, "you look at me when I'm talking to you. Or did your deceased parents fail to instill any manners in you?"

Without a second thought, my hand lashes out, connecting with his cheek in a sharp, resounding slap. My eyes widen in shock at my own audacity, but he merely smirks, relishing in my defiance. Leaning forward, he invades my personal space, and I instinctively recoil, desperate to create as much distance as possible. His hands tighten around my thighs, his thumb digging into my vulnerable flesh. "Do that again, and I'll cut of your hands," he threatens, locking his eyes with mine for a chilling moment before erupting into laughter.

"I hope you don't mind if I conceal that pretty face of yours for the journey," he taunts, promptly placing a bag over my head.

"Let's get moving, boys," he commands