10

TW: Talk of DUI's, addiction, depression

There is a lot of dialogue, sorry?

*Sam's POV*

Opening our front door to a crumbled up Colby was not at all how I expected to start my Saturday morning.

My arms immediately caught his falling body, fighting my grip around his back, "Colby? What happened? Are you okay?" I quickly asked, having never seen my best friend so beat done before, let alone enough to collapse into my arms. "Come on, let's go inside" I suggested, wanting to close the front door since it was quite warm in Nevada today.

Colby and I sat down on our couch, Colby slouched down against the sofa, his head thrown back.

"What are you doing in Vegas?" I decided to ask, having no idea where to start with his abrupt visit.

"I fucked up, Sam. Like really fucked up" He groaned, his hands coming up to his face. He muffled something in his hands before dropping them, turning to look at me. "I don't know what to do" He confessed, his body slack as he looked over at me, his eyes appearing hopeless, ready to cling onto whatever advice I was about to pull from my ass.

"What do you mean you fucked up? Not that I don't want to see you, but why are you here? Why aren't you with Leighton?" I questioned, unable to ignore the stirring in my stomach.

Why did he look like absolute shit right now?

Colby's eyebrows pulled together, "Leighton hasn't called you?"

I felt my face mirror his, quickly wracking my brain to find whatever he could be talking about, "What? No. What happened?"

"Wait, you don't know?" he asked, appearing genuinely surprised, only worrying me even more.

"Know what? Colby, what's going on?" I frantically asked, a pit forming in my stomach.

Why would Leighton call me?

Clearly if he left his own little family to come all the way to Nevada and look like a beaten down puppy on our doorstep, something bad had to have happened.

"I got arrested again" He muttered, my jaw dropping.

"You got arrested?!" I spoke through a tight jaw, disbelief setting in, my jaw falling.

So that's why Leighton would call..

Fuck.

"Yeah.." He shamefully dragged out, his eyes full of guilt as he watched me begin to pace.

"When?! Why?! How?! How are you here right now if you got arrested?! Colby! What the fuck happened?! Why didn't Leighton call me?!" I quickly rattled off, Colby's eyes following my sharp turns as I paced from one edge of the couch to the other.

"I thought she'd call you... about bail?" Colby asked, my body abruptly stopping in front of him.

Shit.