6

quelle surprise: What (a) surprise 

Warning: Sexual Content - brief 

*Leighton's POV*

I always thought pregnancy was something beautiful. You're creating life. What's more beautiful than that?

"I can't believe you're 5 weeks along. I impregnated you 5 weeks ago!" Colby stated in disbelief, the two of us leaving our first OBGYN appointment.

"I'm 7 weeks now, thank you very much" I corrected, Colby rolling his eyes.

"You were 5 when you found out; which is.. woah"

"I'm honestly shocked I found out that early. I mean, I guess I had symptoms but they were also things I had with my period" I shrugged, "I just.. it was a nagging feeling in the back of my mind, and I haven't gotten it yet so.."

"When can we tell people? I'm going to go crazy if I can't tell Sam, or my dad! You're having my baby"

"What about your mom? She doesn't get to know?" I chuckled, Colby groaning, which wiped the smug look right off my face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I'm fine" He dismissed and I decided to let it go for now, not wanting to ruin this moment.

"Alright, well where to next? We have a few hours before dinner with my family. Rumor has it, Lexi might actually show this time. Have you heard from Brennen?" 

"I have not"

"Great. Perfect. Just fucking fantastic." I exaggerated, my chest dropping to my stomach as imagery of them doing more than friendly interactions flashes through my head. "If I see his hands on her-"

"Alright my next UFC fighter, calm down. She's an adult, remember?" He said, his hands squeezing my hips, stopping my movements. 

"Whose side are you on?" 

"Whatever side still lands me in my bed tonight" He smugly grinned and I glared, Colby kissing my forehead. "I know this isn't the ideal position to be in, but... look, we've all been there. We've all had our Brennen" 

"Our Brennen?"

"You know, that thing that looks really fun and pretty and the second we smoke it, drink it or sleep with it, we regret it?"

I tried desperately to hold back my laugh, but little noises kept slipping from my lips, Colby trying to hold back his own smile.

"Isn't he your best friend?" I snickered, Colby shrugging.

"Sam's my best friend. Lately I don't know who Brennen is. He's been distant. If this is the life he wants to follow, who am I the one to stop him? Like I said, she's an adult. He's an adult. Can't really do anything about it"

"Doesn't change the fact that she's my baby sister" 

"I know, and I love how protective you are of your family. Of our children, of me. But, we've got to let her make the mistake"

"What if he isn't a mistake?" I asked quietly. "What if she is with him long term? What if Brennen is her Gabe?" I nervously asked, the two of us walking past a few shops down the sidewalk.

"I thought you liked Brennen?"

"I liked Brennen before he put his hands on my baby sister"

"You can't keep saying it like that, Leighton. She's 21"

"She's still my baby sister Colby!"

"She's 21 Leighton"

"HE'S 28!" I shouted, catching attention from a few other pedestrians.