The War Begins

Beginne am Anfang

His lips curved into a small smile. "I've always thought you were a little on the loose side when it came to sanity," he teased.

Harry snorted. "Look who is talking!" he shot back.

"Touché. But I agree with you. There is nothing wrong with trying, brother dear. However, I doubt the Senate will agree. Hell, I doubt even Nicolas Flamel will agree."

"I know that," said Harry grimly. "I can always pressure the Senate into sending an envoy to speak to the United Nations, but I don't want to seem like a dictator. I can throw my weight around in the I.C.W., but not when other species are involved as well. We can't afford to have instability within our ranks this soon after the formation of the Republic."

"You're right. But you don't need the Senate's approval for sending your personal messenger, do you?"

Harry's green eyes bore into grey. "Will you do it?"

Dylan smiled and wrapped his arms around his older brother. "You know I would do anything for you."

Untangling himself from his brother's arms several seconds later, Harry shook Dylan's hand.

"Then good luck, General," he said formally.

The younger man nodded and walked out of the room. The Boy-Who-Lived watched as his brother Disapparated without anyone being the wiser.

HP*SAVIOUR OF MAGIC*HP

As she sat in front of the Prime Minister, Hermione Granger couldn't shake off the feeling of dread that accompanied her whenever she thought about the conflict. She tried not to get distracted, though. After all, she had to be prepared for when Potter would attack them. She had received reports from her spies that I.C.W. Aurors were still searching all over New York City for her, but thanks to her ingenuity in Charms and the training she had undergone under Ivan Krum who specialised in concealment charms, she continued to evade them.

What she couldn't avoid, however, was the news.

The revelation that magic existed seemed to have thrown everyone into a frenzy of rage and confusion. Initially, the Muggles had been in denial, but in a matter of days, thanks to the internet and hateful speeches delivered by several politicians, scientists, analysts and religious leaders, the hatred towards magic intensified.

The Muggles started blaming magic for all their problems, and that turned out to be dangerous. Suddenly, everyone seemed to think that the source of all their problems was magic and the wizarding world. They blamed the destruction caused by the world wars on the wizards, but unfortunately, it didn't seem to end there. Within days, it escalated into such monumental proportions that everyone in the Muggle world was blaming the wizards for the state of the global economy, the terrorist attacks and even as simple as a person losing their job or catching a common cold.

After all, when one did not have the courage to face their own weaknesses, their only course of action is to blame their failures on someone else; and that was exactly what was happening.

The situation spiralled out of control so quickly that Hermione had been unable to do anything to appease the Muggles.

This was not part of the plan. What she had wanted to achieve through revealing the existence of magic was the ability to help the Muggles to defeat Potter and his forces. She knew he was a tyrant and a monster who kidnapped innocent children; he had to be stopped before the Muggles took the brunt of his hatred and anger, just like Voldemort before him. As Krum had said, the Muggles had evolved over time. Their plan had been perfect. What she had not been expecting, however, was how different factions in the Muggle world would turn the population against witches and wizards, all for their own selfish agenda.