The Secret Ousted

Start from the beginning

Daphne Potter had been responsible for the deaths of her parents.

And now Harry Potter was responsible for the deaths of her husband and the man she looked up to as a father.

She would not let them win. Both the magical and the Muggle worlds depended on her. Krum had instructed her to carry on if something were to happen to him and that's what she was going to do.

But before she could seek the help of the Muggles, she had something else planned.

"Gather around, everyone," announced Hermione. The members of the D.A. all stopped what they were doing. There were people here from all communities around the world. Not all of them were Muggle-borns, Hermione realised that. Blood-purity was a thing of the past.

"You all know what is at stake," she said, trying to sound confident. "Potter has already launched an attack on the Muggles. Hundreds of Muggles died when the Palace of Westminster was destroyed. But he did not stop there. He killed our leader, Ivan Krum, the greatest wizard we have seen since Albus Dumbledore. Mr Krum died selflessly so that our world would find peace."

Many began whispering heatedly. They were all furious about Krum's death.

"Potter only seeks vengeance for his unhappy childhood," spat Hermione. "He doesn't care about wizards or Muggles; only himself. He has brainwashed everyone in the magical world. The members of the I.C.W. are simply his minions to do his bidding. If he attacks once more, the Muggles will stand no chance. Mr Krum knew this. That is the reason we are going back in time to magically enhance the military equipment of the Muggles."

"Miss Granger, how far back will the time-turner take us?"

"Joao," said Hermione, pointing to a wizard in the corner, "believes that he can send us to the year 2016 – two years back in time. With all of us working together, that should be enough to prepare for what is to come."

"What exactly are we to modify?"

"Focus on the military fighter jets," answered Hermione. "The air force is your first priority. Do everything possible to shield them. Weapons are the next on the list. Enhance them with magic so that we can obliterate Potter's forces as quickly and efficiently as possible. Don't forget to use glamour and translation charms while shifting between countries. Focus your efforts on the top ten military powers; that should be enough."

"What about nuclear weapons? Potter would surely use them should he find out where they are!"

Hermione smiled grimly. "Don't worry about that. Before his death, Mr Krum and I had been working on a way to protect them and keep them out of Potter's reach. We already have a plan in place and my team will take care of it. The rest of you need to focus on the air force and their missiles. With Potter's top brass destroyed, everything can go back to how it was. Potter is the only enemy."

"Yes, ma'am."

"To Dumbledore's Army!" she cried.

Joao, their sole expert on time-travel, cast a spell around the room. All the members held hands, with Hermione touching the time-turner. Joao spun the hourglass.

The one hundred and twenty-four members of the D.A. seemed to shimmer as they disappeared from view. Just a second later, they reappeared, all of them looking slightly older.

After all, the past two years had been extremely stressful.

"Report," said Hermione. She looked haggard and sickly, with dark circles under his eyes, as if she had not gotten much sleep over the past two years.