𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

If Jake was Rasmei's comforter, she was also his comforter too. The silence through the night filled only with the little sound of the ocean and the light glistering underneath their feet. She stepped her feet down the bouncy pathway to where her husband was but as she was about to slip out through the entrance, Rasmei shifted her gaze to Lo'ak who slumped his body and turned his face over to sleep. She could see how broken he actually was through the words his father had spoken to him earlier.

The fact that when she patched up Lo'ak's wounds just a few moments ago after he got himself clean from the salt water, through his eyes, it looked like Lo'ak really did have something to tell but only because that everytime he was trying to tell the truth, something like this always happened.

Rasmei's warm hand was placed on her mate's shoulder before she sat herself down near him with her legs dipped down into the water. ''You're too hard on yourself.''

''He doesn't deserve to even feel the pain I've caused him....'' Jake brushed his hand over his face exhaustedly and couldn't face his wife this way. Rasmei frowned as she kept her touch with him while waiting and listening to him. ''I'm sure he would think I have never love him.''

''That's not true, Jake.'' Rasmei tried to reassure him as she shook her head. ''You love him, he loves you. Don't make things too complicated, the only thing here might be a little misunderstanding. With one hard on themselves, one tries to be hard on themselves too.'' Licking her lips, she leaned a little closer to her husband. ''You're not a bad father, Jake. You're protect him the way you think it's right, you are his father.''

Closing his eyes, he decided to take what his wife's words were inside his head. Jake knew that he had been so hard on every one of his sons and the only thing that he wanted them was to stay out of trouble. He didn't want them to feel embarrassed right in front of the other Clan. Everyone was going to say that Toruk Makto advised his sons to act that way while he actually did not. If Lo'ak was a little straighter in the line then this, Neteyam wouldn't have to be struggling through his life being a perfect older brother.

Leaving the Omaticaya has struggled enough, Neteyam lost his title of the next line to become the Olo'eyktan, the mighty warrior that proudly wore his cummerband and has now kept back in the case. Wearing around Metkayina People now wouldn't make any sense. They have lived in such a different place and a different culture. 

The important part of Jake's concern was Lo'ak. He made sure Neteyam accompanied his younger son wherever they went so they could support one another and Neteyam could advise his brother to stay out of danger. Lo'ak, however, made a different decision, fretting over his brother's perfection while attempting to live up to his parents' expectations. He aspired to be just like his perfect little soldier brother. Even though he tried, he never appeared to be able to match Neteyam's level, and he constantly felt envious when someone praised his brother but not him. Everything around him made him want to suffocate himself to death and sometimes he even thought of dying because he wanted to know if his parents would regret losing him or not.